{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: NO SAVAGE <$BlogMetaData>


Thursday, January 24, 2008

NO SAVAGE

According to an account in the New York Times, Michael Savage broadcasts his show out of three "virtual safe houses" - whose location he will not reveal - and "is licensed to carry a pistol and does so," out of fears for his life. I wonder why. . .wait, no I don't. Watch this:



At least four major firms, including Union Bank of California (whose representative says they were advertisers on the Savage show by mistake and were glad to be taken off), Intuit, Chattem, and ITT Technical Institute have pulled advertising from Savage's nationally show following the above-listed campaign which highlights his inflammatory rhetoric. One other company, Geico insurance, is expected to follow suit.

The campaign, launched recently by Brave New Films, generated thousands of calls urging advertisers on the Savage Nation show to sever financial ties to the widely popular (and frequently offensive) talk host.

"We are thrilled at the amazing response of the true patriots all over the blogsphere who responded to our NOSAVAGE campaign," said Robert Greenwald. "People have called and emailed and the responsible sponsors have responded by pulling their ads and asking that their ads not be on this racist and hateful show."

Labels: , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

6 Comments:

Blogger Mary Ellen said...

I have no idea why that guy is still alive. I think it's amusing that he has to hide to do his shows and keep a weapon to protect himself. What a coward! He's great at acting all tough on his show...hiding. I'll bet if he was ever confronted in person, he'd scream like a little girl and run for his cowardly life.

title="comment permalink">January 24, 2008 6:05 PM  
Blogger Parson said...

I listened to that show once. I remember he kept saying over and over, stuff like "I'm right", "don't listen to anyone else, I'm right". I wonder who he is trying to convince the listeners or himself.

title="comment permalink">January 24, 2008 7:15 PM  
Blogger Stan Matuska said...

I think he's a nutjob, but a highly paid nutjob. The problem with these famous talking heads is that they start to eat, drink and breathe this stuff 24/7 and it starts to make them crazy. They can have it. I wouldn't want to be them.

title="comment permalink">January 24, 2008 11:21 PM  
Blogger John Good said...

Mary Ellen - And they say that *I* am an introvert.

Parson - The ego is a lonely audience.

Stan - Are you talking about Savage, or ME? ;)

title="comment permalink">January 24, 2008 11:23 PM  
Blogger Mary Ellen said...

John- I don't think Stan was talking about you...he said he was a "highly paid" nutjob.

Umm...unless you are highly paid, and if that's the case, could ya lend me $20? ;-)

title="comment permalink">January 25, 2008 1:28 AM  
Blogger Human said...

I just couldn't ever listen to the Sick Bastard. I don't agree with censorship. I do agree with letting advertisers know what they are supporting. It's good that the Market for his crap is getting smaller and the advertisers are responding to pressure. I'm all for the Market Place of Ideas to decide. It reflects on our society as a whole.

Now about that S.O.B. Rush....

Peace.

title="comment permalink">January 25, 2008 11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();