{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: Gore Speaks Out on Gay Marriage <$BlogMetaData>


Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Gore Speaks Out on Gay Marriage

AL Gore:

"Gay men and women ought to have the same rights as heterosexual men and women -- to make contracts, to have hospital visiting rights, to join together in marriage, and I don't understand why it is considered by some people to be a threat to heterosexual marriage," he says on the video, which appears on his Current TV network. "Shouldn't we be promoting the kind of faithfulness and loyalty to ones partner regardless of sexual orientation?"





The leading Democratic presidential candidates have tiptoed up to, but not crossed, the line of support for same-sex marriage. All three support equal substantive rights for gay and lesbians couples but, for the most part, have tried to have it both ways on the issue.

Labels: , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary Ellen said...

I guess I'll never understand the taboo about gay marriage. Honestly, what part of "all men are created equal" don't they get? Everytime I hear the sense of reason coming from Gore I want to cry. I think of how different the world would be today if he had been President.

title="comment permalink">January 23, 2008 10:55 PM  
Blogger John Good said...

Mary Ellen - Did you ever see the SNL bit he did a year or so ago? He opened the show as if he'd been the prez all of this time. . .it was wonderfully bittersweet.

If you missed it, DO let me know. I think I have it saved on here somewhere. . .

title="comment permalink">January 23, 2008 11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();