{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: Fred Thompson's Out <$BlogMetaData>


Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Fred Thompson's Out

Not surprisingly, Fred Thompson ended his campaign for the presidency today, after a string of poor finishes in the early contests. His loss in South Carolina on Saturday effectively ended his chances of continuing on as a viable contender.

"Today, I have withdrawn my candidacy for president of the United States. I hope that my country and my party have benefited from our having made this effort," Thompson said in a statement.

Thompson has given no indication of endorsements of any of his fellow republicans at this time, however he did support John McCain in his 2000 run against Bush.

Labels: ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

4 Comments:

Blogger azgoddess said...

john mccain - makes me embarrassed to be from arizona...sigh

title="comment permalink">January 22, 2008 5:28 PM  
Blogger Stan Matuska said...

What a waste of time!! I really thought he was going to come out of the gates swingin'. He's like "yeah, I guess I'll run for president". "vote for me because I'm Reganesqe". "Aw, just forget it".

title="comment permalink">January 22, 2008 10:16 PM  
Blogger John Good said...

AZ - Thankfully, YOU are there to balance it out!

Stan - His little red truck ran out of gas. . .

title="comment permalink">January 23, 2008 11:04 PM  
Blogger F6's Editor said...

Now we just have to pray that the Huckster goes babye as well

title="comment permalink">January 24, 2008 7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();