{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: Clinton on FOX <$BlogMetaData>


Monday, September 25, 2006

Clinton on FOX

YES! Bill Clinton finally called Faux News and the right-wing neo-cons on their bullshit! Clinton said exactly what he should have said during his Sunday interview with Chris Wallace on Faux News. And it felt damned good to hear Wallace's RNC talking points thrown back at him.

But instead of celebrating, let's take this moment to step back and give it some context. What can we learn from what happened? More specifically, what can Bill Clinton learn? That the bipartisan love-in he's been engaged in over the last several years has resulted in jack-squat.

After providing Bush cover for his disastrous handling of Katrina, after trying to get himself adopted by George Bush, Sr., after giving Laura Bush (WHAT was he thinking???) the keynote slot at his Global Initiative Conference, after going along with Rupert Murdoch's fundraiser for Hillary. . .after all that, what did he get? NOTHING . . .

All of Bill Clinton's tireless "bipartisanship" has been of no benefit to him, of no benefit to the country, and has only benefited George Bush and the right-wing. I'm glad the Chris Wallace interview flew all over the internet, but I really hope that one person who will watch it over and over again is Bill Clinton. And that on the fifth or sixth viewing it might occur to him that the more cover he gives Bush and his cronies, the more they're able to increase and entrench their power. Power they use to destroy everything that Clinton purports to stand for.

Taking the "high-road" has a nice sound to it, but Clinton shouldn't fool himself, and insult the rest of us, by thinking that the time he's spent traveling that high road has made the world a better place. Or made the gang at Fox News hate him any less than they did the day he left office.

The people who tried to hound him out of office haven't changed much, though they do now control both houses of Congress and the White House. Back then, he seemed to think fighting them was worthwhile. Now that he's got his back up again, maybe he'll rejoin the battle. Nov. 7 is only six weeks away. And nothing less than oversight of the lunatics in charge is at stake.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

5 Comments:

Blogger azgoddess said...

mr bill should not have expected anything else besides contempt...he got laid in office and all the right wingers got were...um, oh yea, nothing...smile

title="comment permalink">September 25, 2006 11:44 PM  
Blogger Human said...

Not really off topic, pertaining to your ending.

I think my weekend experience should hearten the people who want to see some change come Nov. 7th.

My friend Roundearther is from Charlottesville Virginia. Last Saturday I along with Lil Joe drove him down so he could pick up a car his mother was giving him.

After driving down I 95 a piece, we took "Constitution Hwy." down to Charlottesville area. This is prime Civil War area. Most notably the Wilderness Campaign. Great place to let a 2 yearold run wild.

It is a rural area dotted with many a Babtist Church and Confederate flags on many a driveway.

As many of you know Dem. Jim Webb is running for Senate against Allen. I expected to see a bunch of Allen signs and such along the way. We were surprised to find Webb signs vastly outnumber Allen signs. In fact we only saw 1 Allen sign. As per their tradition of being unable to compromise, a lot of Republicans will most likely not cast votes than vote for "the other" Party. Which is good enough for me. They done enough damage.

Maybe they are even going to break that tradition.

Last night after dinner we got some hankering for some Ice Cream, so a trip to the Dairy Queen was in order. We live in a small town, that is Republican dominated. Which is why I love to wear my homemade political t-shirts. I wore my newest that I made a few days ago.(yeah I wore it down to Charlotte too.) Itsa pic of the Glorious Leader encaptioned with "Daddy's Little War Criminal".

While waiting in line a Father along with his 4 year old son and his daughter who is about 10 years old or so came in for a treat after a game of softball, which was evident because the daughter was in a catchers outfit. The Father wore a Nascar shirt. I expected either one of the usual following responses from soneone who at 1st glance appears to be a Bushusefool. Either they get mad, glare and try to intimidate(rarely happens), hang their head with a worried look or they look like they are going to cry.

The Father took 1 look at my shirt, smiled and said, "I love your shirt".

I said, "Too bad for us it's true".

He responded with, "I'm a moderate Republican and I hate Bush, Falwell and Robertson."

I added, "They are fake Christians and their type controls your party".

He said, "They are a bunch of crooks and killers".

This was all said with the Dairy Queen well populated with people.

I said, "We gotta get these guys out and they arn't going to go easy."

He agreed with a far away look in his eyes. After an exchange of usual smalltown talk we parted with my asking him not to stay home on election day and fight back. He said, "I never voted for a Democrat. Whoever it is has got my vote. Anything is better than Bush and gang." A smile and a nod was my affirmation.

After painting and cleaning the kitchen today, I think a walk on down to the Library is in order. I really never thought I'd be one to fuss over fashion. Shall I wear my "Daddy's Little War Criminal" shirt or the "Bring Home the Troops" shirt?

title="comment permalink">September 26, 2006 11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoo hoo Human!! That is AWESOME!!

Great post John. Wish clinton could read it.

title="comment permalink">September 26, 2006 4:57 PM  
Blogger John Good said...

AZ & Sumo - I was literally jumping out of my chair yelling when he got in Wallace's face and shut him down!

Human - GREAT job! How do I order one?

Pam - Maybe he has. . .

title="comment permalink">September 26, 2006 6:58 PM  
Blogger Human said...

Pam - Thanks so much.

John - Thank you too. I sent ya e-mail.

Peace.

title="comment permalink">September 26, 2006 8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();