{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: A Day Off <$BlogMetaData>


Saturday, April 29, 2006

A Day Off

I took a day off from things today. Unintentional, but probably overdue. I haven't actually watched an entire tv show in over three months, not that I've missed much. I wanted to see the local candidates for sheriff talk on News Channel 15 at 7pm. My thoughts on the best performances: Griffith for the GOP, and Taviano for the Dems.
After that, CSI came on. There was a time,not long ago, when I never missed an episode of this, regular or syndication. Anyways, I got sucked in, and enjoyed the story. I checked the tv guide (I actually FOUND it), and noted that A&E had a 2006 movie entitled "Flight 93". Had to check that out. Very powerful, still a little shaken from it as I type this. I could type a long rant about how we took our eye off of the ball, and why are we in Iraq instead of chasing the perps behind this, but. . . .we all know everything there is to say on this subject. I hope you caught this film as well.

Human, I know your 10-40, but am curious as to how close that was to this event. Pretty damned close from what I have gathered, at least on the flight path. Please share with us if you have such to share.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

4 Comments:

Blogger John Good said...

The movie? It was difficult to watch in several places.
The day? Didn't do much at all, some shopping, that's about it.
LAST weekend. . .carnival at Sam's school fri. nite, zoo on Sat., and the circus on Sunday. Whew.

title="comment permalink">April 30, 2006 11:24 AM  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

I know what you mean about tv watching. Except for the news shows, I couldn't tell you about any show on tv.

title="comment permalink">April 30, 2006 12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just got back from watching Flight 93 at the theater (12:05 showing) at the Rave. It was a matinee of course, but the attendance was very poor. I would say 6% capaticy. My guess is the afternoon and evening shows are more busy.

When I returned this afternoon, I caught the end of the A&E version (which I saw in entirity before).

My wife and I agree that the A&E version is just about as good at the movie version. The movie version does show more blood and uses the "F" word a few times. I was a little worried about how I would feel seeing the movie, but now that I did, I can't say I feel much different than I did before. The only difference is a stronger hatred towards the monsters that did this to us. The ending of the movie version was not as good as the A&E version. Not that it matters much, but if you don't want to know, then don't read on.
The movie version just shows a black screen as the plane is going down - the end.

I think the movie was done with the proper respect. No big name actors, no loud drama music and no added action. I would recommend the movie, but not for young kids, unless you feel like talking about everying to them later.

When I said I didn't feel much different, it's probably because I have already felt the pain, emotion and hatred, and I am already scarred, so seeing it again didn't set off any unknown feelings, but it did heighten the hatred feelings that had subsided a bit over the years.

title="comment permalink">April 30, 2006 4:44 PM  
Blogger Human said...

"TV Guide" was the family bible.
Not much time for tv for me. I got some "News" playing when I blog. Its fun and infuriating. To listen to the lies while reading about them and other not mentioned stuff on the net.

Unless a film about 911 that attempts yo uncover the truth don't have any interest in it.

On my Loc and perception on that day I will e-mail you about it. Personal OPSEC in the game of the day.
Peace.

title="comment permalink">May 05, 2006 10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();