{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: Two States Introduce Impeachment Resolutions <$BlogMetaData>


Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Two States Introduce Impeachment Resolutions

State legislators in Illinois and California have introduced resolutions to initiate impeachment proceedings against President Bush and Vice President Cheney.The Jefferson Manual of rules for the U.S. House of Representatives allows state legislatures to initiate impeachment proceedings by submitting charges to Congress.
In Vermont, Representative David Zuckerman plans to introduce a similar resolution this week. In Pennsylvania, State Senator Jim Ferlo is collecting signatures on petitions calling for Congress to launch an impeachment inquiry.
Eleven cities and towns have already passed resolutions calling for impeachment. At 9 a.m. on May 1, Ellen Tenney, a small business owner in Rockingham, VT, will lead a delegation presenting a number of these resolutions to House Speaker Dennis Hastert at his office, 235 Cannon House Office Building, Washington, D.C.


Red Hot Chili Peppers call for Bush impeachment.

So does Neil Young.

As do all of these fine folks.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I doubt it will do any good. They will just force an up or down vote when the resolution comes up and I think we both know what the results will be...

title="comment permalink">April 25, 2006 10:39 PM  
Blogger Andrew Kaduk said...

I agree Stan. Sounds masturbatory to me too.

title="comment permalink">April 25, 2006 11:56 PM  
Blogger John Q. Public esq. said...

NLT?

title="comment permalink">April 26, 2006 2:56 PM  
Blogger John Good said...

I welcome an up/down vote. Here's why:

You have a president that Fox News says has a 33% approval rating, so it's likely 25%. Republican politicians are already backing away from him. They're up for re-election this year. Bush doesn't elect them, their constituents do. Their constituents in 46 of our 50 fine states have a majority disapproving of this president.
Therefore, they can vote with their constituents and impeach Bush now, or they can deny the vote and lose their re-election, and the new representatives will push it through first thing 2007.

title="comment permalink">April 26, 2006 5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

John, you are starting to scare me... but keep it up!!! Though you don't need to convince me of anything, I always appreciate the occasional "ooohhhh, that makes sense" that I say in my mind when I read your blog/comments!

title="comment permalink">April 26, 2006 11:26 PM  
Blogger John Good said...

Stan- I pay attention, that's all. I never watch TV anymore, I don't give a flying fuck about Nascar or any other distractions of that nature. I listen to 91.5 during the work day. The rest of the time I am dialed in to Air America. When I'm not blogging, I'm reading other sites online and learning as much as I can. When I'm not doing the above, I try to be out in the field doing what I can to help. I spent 15 minutes standing in Tina's driveway this afternoon, discussing her campaign. I'm focused. And I like it.

title="comment permalink">April 27, 2006 6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();