{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: 3rd Congressional District Democrat's Dinner <$BlogMetaData>


Saturday, April 22, 2006

3rd Congressional District Democrat's Dinner

My wife and I attended the 20th annual 3rd District Dinner this evening at beautiful Eagle Glen in Columbia City. 3rd District Chair Steve Haines welcomed an oveflow crowd to the event center and made sure that everyone obtained a seat in the crowded room.

We all fed from an ample buffet line consisting of salad, baked chicken, roast beef, potatos, green beans, and rolls. Lemonade, tea and punch were available, as well as a cash bar for those so inclined.

The National Anthem, Pledge of Allegiance, and Invocation were all performed by the future stars of our local party. The oldest presenter was only 10 years old! Way to go, kids! And, I must add, they all did an excellent job.

Congressional candidates Kevin Boyd and Tom Hayhurst both took a turn at the podium and gave their positions. Mr.Boyd joked that Dr.Hayhurst and he showed up at so many events together that they should carpool to conserve gas. Indeed, their positions are similar and either would be a fine alternative to Souder. I, however, will stand by my support of Dr.Hayhurst

A spokeperson from Senator Evan Bayh's office, Haj, updated us on Mr.Bayh's recent work. Noting the senator's 75% approval rating in our state, Haj pointed out that this was a higher number than that of the combined numbers for Daniels, Bush and Cheney.

Former District Chair Dennis Tropp, Lagrange, presented several achievement awards to individual local contributors. Mr.Tropp was in turn rewarded at the end of the evening with the J.Edward Roush Lifetime Service Award. A very well deserved recognition for his 30+ years of involvement in the local party.

Our keynote speaker was a man who needs no introduction, but got one nonetheless, State Representative and former Fort Wayne mayor Win Moses Jr. Win is one of the most tireless representatives in our party, and is one of the best speakers/debators whom I have ever observed. It was my sincere pleasure to actually meet him in person and then listen to his thoughts on our state and country, and what our individual parts are in restoring it to what it once was and can be again. Now is the time.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So happy you went to the dinner. My wife and I could not go (She is in OH) but I knew it would be fantastic. Win Moses was my friend in high school and he still is my friend.
My hope is that more in the third district work to get rid of Mark Souder by electing a Democrat who will better represent their interests. The name of Dr. Tom Hayhurst comes to mind.

title="comment permalink">April 25, 2006 5:54 PM  
Blogger John Good said...

Rog,

You're my new hero. I've been a Moses fan for 27 years. I wanna hear more about this at breakfast!

title="comment permalink">April 25, 2006 10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();