{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: Mellencamp Plays the Fort <$BlogMetaData>


Friday, November 02, 2007

Mellencamp Plays the Fort

Jody strikes a pose
Jody and I had the pleasure of watching John Mellencamp live in concert at the Memorial Coliseum last night.

Los Lobos opened for him this time around - last time he was here, the opening act was Donovan who, while being a trend-setter back in the 60's, nearly put us to sleep! This was my first time recording video with my digital camera, so humor me on the quality. I should also note that I shot this from the "suite level" which, for those us you unfamiliar with the facility, is as high as you can go in the coliseum. Jody always seems to land positions with companies that purchase suites or skyboxes - I can't wait for the new stadium; her employer has already reserved a skybox!




Los Lobos





Mellencamp





Labels:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

4 Comments:

Blogger Human said...

Does your wife know about the hot babe who takes you to concerts?

Great 1st video. I hope it wasn't one big sing along. I mean I like that at a Peter Paul and Mary show but I don't pay to hear the crowd sing. Though this bunch sounded pretty good. I always liked Johny. Thanks for sharing.
Peace.

title="comment permalink">November 03, 2007 2:58 AM  
Blogger Charlotte A. Weybright said...

I saw Mellencamp several years ago at the Coliseum. It was a great concert with the crowd on its feet for the entire time.

I am looking forward to seeing one of my all-time favorites at the Murat on December 1. John Foagrty will be there, and CCR is my favorite band. I haven't seen Fogarty yet in person, so I am really excited about going.

title="comment permalink">November 03, 2007 3:26 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

I'm so jealous! I saw Mellencamp in 1990 in Indy with my mom. I worked with someone who was president of the local fan club or some such thing and we were her guests, front row center. One of the best concerts I've ever seen. Shh. Don't tell my old punk rock friends. :) Glad you and Jody got to go.

title="comment permalink">November 04, 2007 12:02 AM  
Blogger John Good said...

Human - Apparently NOT! She thinks she looks "fat". . .women, sheesh!

Charlotte - We saw him here in '05 - GREAT both times. I'm envious!! I'd love to see Fogerty!!

Angie - John claimed that he'd been here like 1000 times in the last 35 years, but the one that stood out for me was when he gave the FREE CONCERT back in 1982 for all of the kids who came together and saved Fort Wayne during the Flood of '82.

That was at the PEAK of his career, and he did that concert gratis for those kids - I'll never have anything negative to say about him after that!

I wasn't among the volunteers, but my best friend at the time was. At least I kept good company!

title="comment permalink">November 04, 2007 12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();