{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: Is our Long Local Nightmare Almost Over? <$BlogMetaData>


Monday, October 29, 2007

Is our Long Local Nightmare Almost Over?

If the mayoral election had been held two weeks ago, the answer would be a resounding yes. Tom Henry's 14% lead, while not insurmountable, is encouraging. However, that being said, DO NOT write this one off as a done deal. If you are a Tom Henry supporter, then it is absolutely IMPERATIVE that show up at the polls and cast your vote for him on November 6th!

I can think of at least four people who can tell you about the price of assumptions and overconfidence going into an election, and two of them are in the graphic to the left. Ask Nelson Peters or Win Moses about their experiences in this matter:

Kelty took 50.3% of the vote compared with 49.7% for Allen County Commissioner, F. Nelson Peters IV, in the primary, defeating Peters by 661 votes, according to unofficial results.

Moses narrowly averted defeat by Matt Kelty in the 2002 general election for state representative. Moses won the election by 63 votes, which was verified by a recount. Moses was the only Democrat to win in the 81st House District that year. His usual victory percentage in elections for State Representative is approximately 60 percent.

Tom Henry represented the Third District for five terms on the Fort Wayne City Council between 1984 and 2004. He narrowly won re-election in 1995 by only 5 votes after the outcome was determined by a recount.


Lazy and apathetic voters of Fort Wayne, now more than ever, your city needs you!!

Labels: , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

4 Comments:

Blogger Parson said...

I'm doing it this year! I'm going to vote. I still have to figure out who all to vote for, but I know for sure who is getting my mayor vote. (hint: his first name IS NOT Matt)

title="comment permalink">October 29, 2007 10:00 PM  
Blogger Stan Matuska said...

John - I'm just a little bit afraid. This is, well, my first time. You are so experienced, and I'm just a bit embarassed to say that I am a local virgin! There, I said it. Will you help me with my first time? I promise not to tell, and I'll even let you show me how you do it. Just know that I learn slowly, but repetition helps a lot. I just don't want to go to the poles and seem like it's my first time. I want to learn the ropes from top to bottom!

title="comment permalink">October 29, 2007 11:50 PM  
Blogger Robert Rouse said...

Voting virgins are so last millennium.

title="comment permalink">October 30, 2007 10:11 AM  
Blogger Parson said...

I'm a voting virgin too, maybe we should start a support group?

title="comment permalink">October 30, 2007 6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();