{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: This confirms it! <$BlogMetaData>


Tuesday, October 31, 2006

This confirms it!

Yesterday I posted a piece about the 3rd District congressional race poll from the Fort Wayne News-Sentinel, and voiced my concerns about it's validity. The second part of this poll, the Allen County sheriff's race, was released today. I am now POSITIVE that this is a flawed poll! I would expect to see polls showing a lead for Ken Fries; he's the GOP poster-boy for the "Good 'Ol Boys" here in Allen County. A lead, perhaps. . .but a rout, not on your life! It is absolutely impossible that Tina Taviano is polling only 16%, no matter how conservative this area may be.

She has ran a strong, effective campaign with full backing from the local party and a loyal group of supporters. I've NEVER worked for a political candidate before. I'm a quiet, introverted sort of guy. . .yet *I* walked in THREE parades for this extremely qualified lady! Everyone who has ever heard her speak has been swayed by her passion and knowledge of the office she seeks. She is, by far, the most qualified candidate for the job. Even Indiana Pundit, a local right-leaning blog, stated that "based on effort, Taviano deserves to win this one".

I am very proud of Tina and count her as a personal friend. I hope that enough people have experienced Tina's passion for the job that we can elect her as Allen County Sheriff on November 7th. If we do not, then it is truly a loss for all of Allen County.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

6 Comments:

Blogger sumo said...

Good luck and hope she prevails. I feel your pain John...I'm introverted too...and that would have been very difficult for me to do. That took courage...but soometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do!

title="comment permalink">November 01, 2006 4:24 AM  
Blogger billie said...

good to see that there are human beings running in some races. there comes a time in everyone's life when he or she has to stand up and be counted. sounds like you are there. thanks.

title="comment permalink">November 01, 2006 10:04 AM  
Blogger azgoddess said...

keep us posted on what is happening in your part of the world...together we can make a difference!!

and about polls...they are only as good as the money you pay for them....nuff said

title="comment permalink">November 01, 2006 11:43 AM  
Blogger Stan Matuska said...

I agree that the poll percentage is way too low. I for one, will be voting for her, and I wasn't a participant in the poll =)

title="comment permalink">November 01, 2006 8:24 PM  
Blogger John Good said...

Thank you Sumo, Betmo and AZ - I wish you were here to help her!

Stan - I KNOW you will! Remember, I have threatened to carry your ass to the polls next Tuesday if need be!! =)

title="comment permalink">November 01, 2006 8:46 PM  
Blogger Stan Matuska said...

Tuesday?

title="comment permalink">November 02, 2006 9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();