{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: October Surprise (Local Edition) <$BlogMetaData>


Thursday, October 26, 2006

October Surprise (Local Edition)

This post is dedicated to Jill Kaduk: Way to work on the big guy, Jill! =)

Everybody's been anticipating an "October Surprise" by the GOP. I have just stumbled across the actual goods here in northeast Indiana! Andrew Kaduk is blasting Mark Souder AND agreeing with Tom Hayhurst! I don't recall licking any toads or small colored squares of paper this evening, nor have I popped any pills. I figure that I had better blog this, just for reference tomorrow, in case somebody slipped me a "roofie" and this is all just a wierd dream. . . Here are the actual excerpts from Andy's blog this week:

"Yeah, Marky Mark...our families are dying from old age, heart attacks, car accidents, lung cancer and a host of other problems...so why do you choose to be so goddamn picky about which of these evils the government should "fix?" Sorry, Mark, but although I find meth to be an absolute scourge, I find governmental overreach to be vastly more dangerous to millions of additional people."

"More from the WANE TV Souder v. Hayhurst debate:

Rep. Mark Souder (R[sort of]- IN): Jesus told me that internet gambling is the responsibility of the U.S. government to condemn and vilify.
Uhhh, ok. Never read that passage myself. Yeah yeah, that was paraphrased too. So what's up with Souder's incessant blathering about prostitution lately? He sure has been talking about it a lot. I don't recall any major prostitution legislation, unless it was bundled with a defense budget or something like that."

"Hayhurst puts a spotlight on one of the most fallacious arguments that plague the annals of that which used to be the Republican Party: Abortion. I will paraphrase (I don't have a transcript yet):

Hayhurst: "On this subject, my opponent completely abandons his professed conservative views, and says that he thinks the government should regulate and control the decisions of pregnant women."
Absolutely dead-nuts accurate! Way to go, Doctor Tom. This is really the heart of the issue for me: So-called Republicans are acting like the professors and legislators of morality, which is just fascism in disguise. A REAL conservative is not concerned with the medical treatment, status or morality of others, they wish only to uninvolve the government from such things."


AddThis Social Bookmark Button

4 Comments:

Blogger Andrew Kaduk said...

And I stand by what I wrote. I think the government is too involved in our lives...and even though I have no way of knowing what the likes of Hayhurst will do in Congress, I already know what the likes of Souder have done, and it makes me gag.

He he he. Just because I have always thought that there were a lot of idiot leftists out there, doesn't mean I don't think the authoritarian right isn't staffed by morons too...

I'm an equal opportunity asshole, but I'm glad you found something in my writing that you like, John.

title="comment permalink">October 26, 2006 11:35 PM  
Blogger John Good said...

You've surprised me a couple of times lately. Maybe we'll go have that beer sometime. . .anyways, we'll always have Phish. lol

title="comment permalink">October 27, 2006 8:27 PM  
Blogger Andrew Kaduk said...

Yeah, Phish does rule, and I do love beer...

title="comment permalink">October 28, 2006 9:11 PM  
Blogger John Good said...

Andy - I don't have many problems with TRUE conservatives. We agree on the basic destinations, but vary in our travel plans. No problems there, just American democracy at work.

This current bunch of fascists obviously don't fit either of our descriptions of "conservative" by any stretch. . .

title="comment permalink">October 28, 2006 10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();