{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: Happy Mother's Day <$BlogMetaData>


Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

This is a picture of Mom and I in the family room of our home in southeast Ft.Wayne in 1982. I was 18 - Mom was 58. Had I known that she'd be gone from my life before I turned 40, I'd have been holding her much closer in this photo.

Like most of us, I put her through hell, especially in my teen years. But, as it is with moms, she was always there to love me unconditionally and defend me even when there was no possible defense for my actions. I can imagine no worse fate than to never have had a mom in your life, even if for a woefully short time. Many will try, but no one will ever achieve that same bond that a mother shares with her kids.

Mom got to spend a decade with my wife, Jody, before she left us. And she was extremely pleased with my bride. She confided to her that she was at ease with leaving me to this world because she was confident in Jody's love and devotion to me. Her love was unselfish to the very end. I love her and miss her every day, but take solace in the fact that Jody is the new mother in my world. Mom would have loved sharing with her as our girls grow up. She got to know Samantha for her first year and a half, and struggled to hang on to her life long enough to meet Sabrina. She missed that last goal by six weeks.

I miss her, but feel lucky to have had her in my life for the time that I did. Many others in this world have been less fortunate than I in that respect.

Labels: , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

1 Comments:

Blogger Stan Matuska said...

Very nice post John. I am glad that I was able to meet and know your mother.

title="comment permalink">May 11, 2008 5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();