{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: A visit from Senator Hillary Clinton <$BlogMetaData>


Saturday, March 29, 2008

A visit from Senator Hillary Clinton



Senator Hillary Clinton visited Sara's Family Restaurant in the Village at Coventry in Fort Wayne on Friday. Many people were standing outside to listen to the presidential hopeful's message. A lucky few got passes to dine with her. Clinton's campaign handed out about 100 wristbands to get in on a first-come first-serve basis; with me (Stan Matuska) being one of those 100!

A lot of people asked me why I would want to attend. Those would be either Obama supporters or Republicans. I told them that for one, she was coming to a location about a block from my office. She is a former First Lady, and may even be the next President of the United States. She is a also a Democrat. There were also many other famous faces in the crowd, such as Win Moses, Karen Goldner and Mayor Tom Henry.

If nothing else, it was an interesting experience to see what goes into one of these appearances. The security was immense with buses blocking the sides of the restaurant, dogs (bomb sniffing?), secret service and police. There was a wall full of cameras and camera crew! Hillary sat at a table with six average citizens. The rest of the crowd were seated behind her. I was in the 3rd row behind her (about 10-12 ft). So most of my view of Hillary was the back side of her head.

Hillary let each person at her table ask her a question, then she took a few questions from the patrons. She was running about 45 minutes behind schedule and she still had to attend a Muncie Indiana rally. Most questions were about the economy and jobs. The entire event was shown live on local television. I found the video footage at an Indy site http://www.wishtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=8087248 but it is very lengthy.

I actually asked permission to post this on this blog because I know John is, well, let's just say, not as fond of Hillary as he is of Obama =)

First and foremost, I want a Democrat to win the presidency. To get there, we need the Democrat most likely to beat McCain to win the nomination. I don't know if that's Hillary or Obama. I would think all Democrats would support the candidate who wins the nomination no matter which one it is.





Labels: , , , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

5 Comments:

Blogger Parson said...

Great work Stan. You got some pretty good pictures. Even a picture of the Mayor possibly touching the Senator. I smell scandal!

title="comment permalink">March 29, 2008 12:14 PM  
Blogger Human said...

The Clintons and their ilk is why I left the Party. Sen. Obama is the reason I registered on Feb. 21st. I can cast a vote for him on April 22nd. Voting for someone just because they have a "D" after their name is incomprehensible to me.
Good pics. The cage says it all for me.
Peace.

title="comment permalink">March 29, 2008 4:34 PM  
Blogger John Good said...

I see alot of people that I highly respect in those pictures. And one that I've lost nearly all respect for. . .

title="comment permalink">March 30, 2008 12:42 AM  
Blogger Stan Matuska said...

Parson and Human - Thanks, but I can't take all the credit for the pics. All but two of them are mine. Two of them are from the A.P. wire.

Parson - You noticed it too!?

John - I can only wonder which side I fall on :)

title="comment permalink">March 30, 2008 1:30 AM  
Blogger Vic DeMize said...

I'm not sure if it's because she's a politician or a woman, but I noticed there were no photos of Hillary with her mouth closed.

(Ducking)

title="comment permalink">April 01, 2008 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();