{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: Nothing's Changed <$BlogMetaData>


Saturday, March 29, 2008

Nothing's Changed

Taking it up the, err. . .tank!


I remember when gas first surpassed $1 per gallon in 1980. I was 16 years old and driving a 1967 Bonneville ragtop with a big-block 400 topped with a Carter automatic four-barrel carb. I got 10 miles per gallon. That was bad, but Dad paid for my gas, and I couldn't understand what the big deal was. After all, gas was $.80 the year before!

These days, however, I can relate more to Dad's grumbling about paying a mere $.25 per gallon 8 years before. When I first entered the transportation industry in 2000, diesel fuel was $1.39. Now, in the same timespan that Dad referred to, diesel has increased to $4.19! My fuel costs have risen from a monthly average of $300 to over $200 per week!

You'll have to excuse me if I feel no sympathy for Exxon-Mobil and their record profits donated by myself and the rest of you fine folks.

Barack Obama on oil prices:

Labels: ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
$compressor->finish();