{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: Crap! I almost forgot! <$BlogMetaData>


Thursday, May 24, 2007

Crap! I almost forgot!

It was 30 years ago today that Star Wars debuted on the big screen across America; and added expressions such as "may the force be with you" to the permanent fabric of our language.

A RARE Star Wars Trailer:


Seriously, I remember going to the preview with my brother-in-law and his best friend. We saw it at the Southtown Cinemas (The locals are laughing right now). I was 13 years old (Wow - two posts about my thirteenth year in just one week!)I couldn't take my eyes off of the screen! I was just thinking that I have pictures of the old Southtown Cinemas sign and building, but they are on my old pute, and I haven't transferred those files over as of yet.

And here's the REAL original trailer:


Thank you, Mr.Lucas, for thirty years of entertainment! May the force be with you always! We have no doubts that it will. . .

Labels:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

5 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

OK, I admit. I took me a minute.
Bwahhhhhahahahahahaha

title="comment permalink">May 24, 2007 10:24 PM  
Blogger Parson said...

One of the truely greatest movies.

title="comment permalink">May 25, 2007 12:50 AM  
Blogger Robert Rouse said...

Even though there have ben better movies since then, there will never be an experience like that first showing. My friends and I - all of us were 21 - saw it on a large screen. Now many kids today have never experienced a real LARGE screen. Today's theaters have puny little screens compared to what I saw when I was younger. At any rate, we went back day after day after day and watched the original. We became such fans that when the second film - ESB - came out, we actually waited in line for the very first time for a movie. These last three films can't hold a candle to the original trilogy. While they may be technological marvels, they just don't have the heart of the first, the grit of the second, or the marvel of the third.

title="comment permalink">May 25, 2007 3:48 PM  
Blogger Sewmouse said...

I remember seeing the first Star Wars movie and being in breath-taken awe at the special effects. I recently bought the DVDs and... well... um...

I'm still in awe (not in the good way) of whatever costume director decided that cinnamon buns would make a great hairstyle for Leia

title="comment permalink">May 25, 2007 10:26 PM  
Blogger John Good said...

Hill - Getting old SUCKS! (ducking) ;)

Parson - W/O a doubt!

Sumo - These are the ones we watch over and over.

Robert - I know! It reminds me of the modem-speed scenario from ten years ago. You can't really explain it to someone who didn't endure it.

Sew - I get ya. Then again, for the 1970's. . .lol

title="comment permalink">May 25, 2007 10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();