{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: What's your accent? <$BlogMetaData>


Thursday, December 28, 2006

What's your accent?

I saw this one over at Left of Centrist, and just had to know:

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Inland North
 

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

The South
 
The Midland
 
The Northeast
 
Philadelphia
 
The West
 
Boston
 
North Central
 
What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz


After you take the quiz, click over and visit my friend, Sheri, who's been the victim of a local troll. She does a great job over there discussing issues of families with special-needs children, but she's considering giving up blogging due to one inconsiderate local bully.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Done. I went to Sheri's. What a NICE lady. I will be visiting her site on a regular basis. Thanks for sending me her way.
Hey, I can't get this quiz thing to work. Oh, NEVERMIND.....

title="comment permalink">December 28, 2006 8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, so guess what my accent is? Damn it, how did it KNOW I was from the South? LOL!!!

title="comment permalink">December 28, 2006 8:10 PM  
Blogger Robert Rouse said...

Are you from Wisconsin?

title="comment permalink">December 28, 2006 8:38 PM  
Blogger Peacechick Mary said...

Smack in the middle of the country - moi. I'm not sure what country, but I'm smack in it.

title="comment permalink">December 28, 2006 8:41 PM  
Blogger John Good said...

Hill - YOU are good people, but I already knew that!

Robert - Noo, but mee waif eez.

Mary - It IS hard to tell what country one is in these days.

title="comment permalink">December 28, 2006 8:49 PM  
Blogger Stan Matuska said...

My results:
"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

title="comment permalink">December 28, 2006 10:52 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

West...guess that means California...dude.

title="comment permalink">December 29, 2006 4:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That angry a-hole... I would pick on them but they have no visitors anyway. They gotta try to get attention SOME way. Now I know what it is like to see a blog of a little green football troll.

I took this test awhile ago... I didn't like it because I should have got midland accent, not northern inland lakes. We hoosiers are known for our "lack of accent". That is why we make good broadcasters :)

title="comment permalink">December 29, 2006 7:46 AM  
Blogger Sewmouse said...

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio."

Interesting, as I'm originally from Chicago, now live in the Chicago burbs, but spent 6 years in Denver...

On my way over to your friend's place...

title="comment permalink">December 29, 2006 9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Inland North."

Interesting quiz. Wasn't what I expected.

title="comment permalink">December 29, 2006 1:37 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

I couldn't get to the quiz John. Is the link broken?

title="comment permalink">December 29, 2006 9:04 PM  
Blogger John Good said...

Chuck - Yes! Apparently it WAS. . .thanks for the heads-up.

title="comment permalink">December 29, 2006 9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();