{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: Friday Nite Retro <$BlogMetaData>


Friday, December 29, 2006

Friday Nite Retro

Welcome to tonight's edition of Friday Nite Retro! This evening I'm featuring the work of Tim and Neil Finn. You may not recognize those names, but I'm sure you'll recognize their bands. . .

First up, from 1980, is "I Got You" by Split Enz:

The original Split Enz was formed in 1971, but had little success until Tim Finn took control with a new lineup in 1977. The band scored a trio of hit albums before breaking up in 1984.


Next we have the brothers performing as Crowded House, with their 1986 hit, "Something So Strong". I apologize for the quality of this one:

Split Enz members Neil Finn and Paul Hester teamed up with Nick Seymour to create Crowded House in the mid 80's. Mark Hart,Tim Finn, Peter Jones, Eddie Rayner and Craig Hooper were all part-time members during the bands tenure from 1985-1995.


Again as Crowded House, the Finn Brothers perform "Weather With You" in 1995:

Tim Finn also had a decent solo effort entitled "Before and After"(1993). You might recall the track "Hit the Ground Running" from that one. I was unable to turn up any video for that one.

And finally, from their most recent effort, the Finn Brothers performing under that very name (The Finn Brothers), with "I Won't Give In":

Labels: , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

6 Comments:

Blogger PTCruiser said...

Those Finn brothers had quite a lengthy career span, eh John?

title="comment permalink">December 29, 2006 8:15 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

I loved Crowded House! Good picks!

title="comment permalink">December 29, 2006 9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the vids. My absolute fave Crowded House song is "Don't dream it's over" - LOVED it when Stephen King inserted it into The Stand.
Sorry I didn't get by yesterday. The weather here was atrocious, and I had extremely limited internet access. Every time I would try to go to any of my fave sites, the connection would be lost. Took me 6 tries just to get a post up. I finally gave up.

title="comment permalink">December 30, 2006 12:16 PM  
Blogger John Good said...

PT - Ayup. In one form or another. . .

Chuck - Thanks! I know you guys do a whole blog about these things. Send me the link sometime!

Hill - You a King fan, too? Maybe God was targeting Crawford with those 'naders and you were simply in the path. ;)

title="comment permalink">December 30, 2006 8:42 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

If you're talking about the music blog John, HERE. You can access it off bu$hmeriKa also.

title="comment permalink">December 31, 2006 2:32 PM  
Blogger John Good said...

Thanks, Chuck. Actually I stumbled acroos it this morning and already added it to my blogroll. =)

title="comment permalink">December 31, 2006 2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();