{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: Happy Father's Day <$BlogMetaData>


Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day

A picture of my Dad and I in 1965. . .Dad so big and strong and in charge, me an 11 month old, obviously happy with my life at that moment(Dad was only ONE year older than I am NOW in this picture). Safe in the arms of my Daddy, not knowing that these would turn out to be the best, safest, warmest, most-missed minutes of my entire life. It was my priviledge to know him, and yet my greatest loss to not appreciate him until he was lost to me forever. Thank you,Dad, for your fine example. If only I can fill one of your shoes I will die happy. My greatest regret is that your grand-daughters won't have the pleasure of being spoiled by you and Mom. You are both dearly missed!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A wonderful post! Happy Father's Day!

title="comment permalink">June 18, 2006 11:48 AM  
Blogger Human said...

You're a very loving Human.
Happy Father's Day.
Peace.

title="comment permalink">June 18, 2006 10:22 PM  
Blogger John Good said...

Just alot of regrets. . As I have commented before, (you may or may not have seen my "replies") my Dad started declining badly when I was a teenager. I missed having him there for many of the talks, sharing, support, etc that most or many take for granted. He lived until I was 36, but only as a shell of his former self. . .

title="comment permalink">June 19, 2006 9:13 PM  
Blogger John Burzynski said...

John:

I had the same thing happen with my mom, she died when I was 14 of cancer. Her imprint is still on me tothis day, as your father's imprint is most undoubtedly on you, even if in ever so subtle ways.

Losing parents is something that we never quite get over...you can move past it, but never forget it.

title="comment permalink">June 20, 2006 9:44 AM  
Blogger John Good said...

John B. - I lost Mom on 08/22/01. So I was already in a fog on 9/11.

title="comment permalink">June 20, 2006 6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();