{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: Daddy Flip-Flop (Or, I love my daughter when it's CONVENIENT) <$BlogMetaData>


Thursday, June 15, 2006

Daddy Flip-Flop (Or, I love my daughter when it's CONVENIENT)

So, Vice President Dick Cheney, loving father of a lesbian, is flying to Minnesota to help Michele Bachmann, the highly outspoken enemy to gay marriage and gay civil rights, raise money for her bid for the U.S. Congress. What makes me so spitting mad is that I cannot decide whether irony or pandering has the upper hand here.
Remember, this is the same schmuck who thanked John Kerry for his comments about his daughter during the 2004 debates, then turned on him the following day for making those same remarks. Pick a side, and stick with it. You can't have it both ways; either you support your daughter or you don't. I'm a father of two daughters, and I love them unconditionally. Whether they turn out straight or gay is not an issue. THEY ARE MY CHILDREN and I LOVE THEM. They make their own choices and I will support their right to decide for themselves. That's my job as a parent; I will teach my children my personal beliefs, but also let them know that it's okay to reach their own conclusions about our world, whether we agree or not. That is their God-given right.
Read the entire column
here.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy said...

There are so many conservatives who campain either directly on homophobic issues, or support the politicians who are pushing for homophobic legisliation.

Dick Cheney is hardly alone. Just ask Alan Keyes and Phylis Schafly

So there is your Republican family values right there. Cute.

title="comment permalink">June 16, 2006 3:25 PM  
Blogger John Good said...

They're all such friggin hippocrates. It's a wonder that they can look in the mirror. . .

title="comment permalink">June 16, 2006 10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();