{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: That'S now Press Secretary (Kudos to Robert) <$BlogMetaData>


Tuesday, May 16, 2006

That'S now Press Secretary (Kudos to Robert)

As reported by Craig over at Reverent and Free (Nice catch, man!)

"When I heard Tony Snow use the term "tar baby" while responding to a question in his first televised Press conference today, it actually startled me. Doesn't Tony understand what that phrase means to many people in this country?"

Read the full story with video footage HERE on Crooks and Liars.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't see the briefing, but when I read about it elsewhere prior to this site, I was immediately taken back by the term "tarbaby". I thought "what in the world is he saying that for"!!! Later I understood his meaning, but it wasn't my first thought.

I guess Tony also got choked up when asked about his "LIVESTRONG" bracelet that raises money for cancer through the Lance Armstrong Foundation. He got so choked up that he was silent for 10 seconds before speaking, and almost cried.

Overall, I would say he didn't do a very good job for his first day out. How sad =)

title="comment permalink">May 16, 2006 11:49 PM  
Blogger Yukkione said...

I watched the press conferrence and almost choked on my lunch when he said tar baby. I'm old enough to know the real reference, but just knowing what most people will think cause me to pause... lol Tarbaby! hehehe
"thats what uncle Remus says, thats what uncle Remus says!"

title="comment permalink">May 17, 2006 12:54 AM  
Blogger John Good said...

You s'pose it's all that training from FauxNews? lol

title="comment permalink">May 17, 2006 6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();