{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: Pearl Harbor Anniversary <$BlogMetaData>


Sunday, December 07, 2008

Pearl Harbor Anniversary

Almost 2,400 Americans were killed and nearly 1,180 injured when Japanese fighters bombed and sank 12 naval vessels and heavily damaged nine others on Dec. 7, 1941. The USS Arizona, which sank in less than nine minutes after an armor-piercing bomb breached its deck and exploded in the ship's ammunition magazine, lost 1,177 sailors and marines. About 340 of its crew survived.

Other major installations on Oahu, such as Wheeler Field and Kaneohe Naval Air Station, also were attacked.


Ed.Note: In my haste to post something about today's anniversary as I was heading out the door today, I erroneously titled this post "50 Years Ago Today". Obviously my first cup of coffee didn't take this morning, and today marks the 67th anniversary of the day which will live in infamy.

Labels:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

2 Comments:

Blogger Omnipotent Poobah said...

You did better than me, I plumb forgot the significance of the day until about 15 minutes before I read this.

My bad. Your good.

title="comment permalink">December 07, 2008 9:10 PM  
Blogger John Good said...

Then I am in good company. =)

title="comment permalink">December 07, 2008 9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();