{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: Million Mile Man <$BlogMetaData>


Thursday, September 04, 2008

Million Mile Man


I am truly humbled by this guy. Although, from the picture, he drives a P-700 (That's cubic feet - a smaller van), meaning he racks up alot of city miles on his route, that's one hell of an accomplishment! WAY TO GO!

A routine package delivery turned into a milestone for a UPS driver in East Texas. Brent Boyd, 51, on Thursday surpassed one million miles on his UPS delivery truck, the same vehicle he's driven for 22 years with the company.

The odometer on Boyd's 1987 GMC truck rolled over to all zeros as he began his delivery route near Palestine. He said he's never had an accident with his company vehicle. Boyd told The Associated Press that his truck's gone through at least three engines and been repainted several times.

But he's resisted offers for a new van. Boyd says the truck is "like home" and feels like "sitting in the recliner in your house."


I doubt that I'll catch up with him. My 1990 International had just over 500k on it when I purchased it eight years ago - I've put 220k on it since then and replaced the motor twice. In the transportation industry, the million mile mark is a grand achievement, especially when accident-free. Great job, Brent!

Labels: , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

2 Comments:

Blogger Sewmouse said...

Oh gosh, John...

Please PLEASE tell me you don't work for UPS

They are THIEVES. They stole Artie, my old, sorta broken computer. I will never forgive!!!

title="comment permalink">September 05, 2008 4:06 PM  
Blogger Parson said...

Don't worry I know he doesn't work at UPS. :)

title="comment permalink">September 05, 2008 4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();