{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: Sarah Who? <$BlogMetaData>


Friday, August 29, 2008

Sarah Who?

Okay, everybody's already chimed in on this, so here are some of the reactions:

"Today, John McCain put the former mayor of a town of 9,000 with zero foreign policy experience a heartbeat away from the presidency. Governor Palin shares John McCain's commitment to overturning Roe v. Wade, the agenda of Big Oil and continuing George Bush's failed economic policies -- that's not the change we need, it's just more of the same." - Bill Burton (Obama Campaign Spokesman)


"The vice president is a heartbeat away from becoming president, so to choose someone with not one hour's worth of experience on national issues is a dangerous choice. If John McCain thought that choosing Sarah Palin would attract Hillary Clinton voters, he is badly mistaken.The only similarity between her and Hillary Clinton is that they are both women. On the issues, they could not be further apart." - Senator Barbara Boxer

"That’s right folks, the old guy went for the hot young thing. A May/December political pairing of historic significance. I’m sure he’s thinking, she’s from Alaska, she’s got to be in the pocket of Big Oil, we’ll get along fine. Or maybe he’s counting on her hottie librarian look to appeal to all those disaffected Clinton supporters. Either way she will be known henceforth as the Geraldine Ferraro of the GOP." - Frogette

"This is insulting and I feel pandered to. Clearly he wants to capture the voters Hillary earned...and he thinks a woman, any woman will do." - Deb Morrone

"In the long run, Palin may help McCain win Alaska’s paltry 3 electoral votes, but Romney could have helped in Colorado and Nevada and Tim Pawlenty could have helped in Minnesota. I have a gut feeling that McCain just drove the Straight Talk Express into a ditch. Congratulations to President Barack Obama!" - Robert Rouse

I’m sure the country will feel completely comfortable with Palin becoming president if something were to happen to McCain - especially considering 99% of the American people have never heard of her until today. I wonder if she’s related to Dan Quayle?" - Jeff Pruitt

"McCain has chosen Alaska’s brand new governor, Sarah Palin, as his V.P. pick. It’s an interesting choice, most likely seeking to poach disgruntled Clinton supporters from Obama. But, other than the fact that both Clinton and Palin have two X chromosomes, the similarities are few." - Doug Masson

"Thank God she's not from Indiana. We already served our term as a spawning ground for inexperienced third-tier veep candidates." - John Good



Lionel Weighs In

Labels: , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey John the Ragebot quote is much appreciated, but uh...that was the Frogette, not me.

title="comment permalink">August 29, 2008 6:03 PM  
Blogger Parson said...

"Or maybe he’s counting on her hottie librarian look to appeal"

I'm changing my mind about Alaskan "drilling".

title="comment permalink">August 29, 2008 6:32 PM  
Blogger Frogette said...

Dude - You put my quote right next to Barbara Boxer, I'm kvelling! Thanks for the shout out. Personally I thought he was going to pick Romney.

title="comment permalink">August 29, 2008 8:54 PM  
Blogger Stan Matuska said...

Now hold on, she may be a heartbeat away from the presidency, but Obama would *be* the president. Neither have a huge resume.

I think she was a poor poor choice though. It's like McCain wanted to say to Obama "take that!". I don't think McCain even knows her other than from a meeting or two!

I bet his advisors picked Romney or someone else, and he said "fuck that - I'm going to show Obama who he's dealing with". Yeah, thats really thinking of the American people.

Welcome to our next president, President Obama.

title="comment permalink">August 29, 2008 10:34 PM  
Blogger John Good said...

Kvatch - I apologize for my haste - I have corrected the attrib.

Parson - I expect no less of you, my friend! Always the opportunist. ;)

Frogette - Dudette! MY pleasure - I wish we had as STRONG a voice in the Senate as you.

Stan - I suspect the choice was not made my Grampy, but rather the RNC. He's not popular with the Fundie NeoCon base; she brings everything that they desire in a candidate to the ticket. I don't think it will play in 2008, but it was a clever ploy.

title="comment permalink">August 29, 2008 11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();