{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: Palin's Mom-in-Law May Vote Obama <$BlogMetaData>


Sunday, August 31, 2008

Palin's Mom-in-Law May Vote Obama

The New York Daily News reports that Faye Palin still hasn't decided which way she'll vote. The Gov's mother-inlaw told the News that she doesn't agree with Sarah on everything and that she enjoys hearing Barack Obama speak:
"I'm not sure what she brings to the ticket other than she's a woman and a conservative. Well, she's a better speaker than McCain," Faye Palin said with a laugh. "People will say she hasn't been on the national scene long enough. But I believe she's a quick study."


Many in Palin's hometown spoke highly of her and reflected on her positive qualities as well as the "hometown girl makes good" angle of it all. But many feel that she's running on the wrong ticket; preventing them from casting a vote for her:

"I'm still leaning toward Obama. I think Sarah has been really good for our state, and it would be wonderful to see her in the White House, but she's on the ticket with McCain, and I can't vote for McCain," said Eileen Moe, 33, a second grade teacher at Iditarod Elementary, which Palin's kids attended.

"If it was her running for president, there'd be no question in my mind," Moe said. "The Republicans right now are about big business and big oil. I don't see Sarah as a staunch Republican in that way."

Not everyone is convinced her experience as mayor and governor are enough for a vice president who would be next in line to the presidency.

"I wouldn't say she's qualified," said Bill Gleason, 60, a contractor from nearby Big Lake. "I want someone with a little more experience. "

Labels: , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

2 Comments:

Blogger Omnipotent Poobah said...

"I wouldn't say she's qualified," said Bill Gleason, 60, a contractor from nearby Big Lake. "I want someone with a little more experience. "

I thought that was what McCrankypants wanted too.

title="comment permalink">August 31, 2008 7:48 PM  
Blogger PTCruiser said...

You can pick your friends but you can't pick your family (especially in-laws).

title="comment permalink">August 31, 2008 9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();