{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: On this date. . . <$BlogMetaData>


Friday, August 22, 2008

On this date. . .

I'm 17 in the photo below (May 1982):

I lost my Mom on August 22, 2001. Other events in my life feel like satellites orbiting around that day.

- I started my own small business eleven months before.

- I had turned 37 exactly two months before.

- My sister and I have been estranged since Mom's passing. I hold her somewhat responsible.

- 19 days after her death I slipped and fell, requiring stitches for the first time in my adult life.

- The next morning, the World Trade Center was attacked and destroyed. I took comfort in the fact that Mom had missed that.

- My youngest daughter was born 26 days after that event.

- On February 10th of the following year (2002) I kicked a 24-year addiction to cigarettes. Motivation: I didn't want my kids to lose me in THEIR thirties.

- Almost exactly three years later (02-09-05) we moved into our new home in Aboite. We still own our old house (Mom's place) today.

I'm lucky to have had such a wonderful mother. I always think about her on this date. Although time has lessened the pain, there is still irreparable damage and a hole in my soul. Fortunately I have my wife and kids to hang onto. I miss you, Mom. I couldn't have wished for a better mother. . .

Labels: ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

4 Comments:

Blogger billie said...

blogo hug to you john- life has a way of letting you know you are still here. :)

title="comment permalink">August 23, 2008 8:41 AM  
Blogger Stan Matuska said...

It's so great that you keep your Mom's memory alive. You were very fortunate to have such great parents.

title="comment permalink">August 23, 2008 9:59 AM  
Blogger Robert Rouse said...

I lost my grandfather, the man who raised me, in 1991, the evening before Thanksgiving. I just don't enjoy that holiday the way I used to.

title="comment permalink">August 23, 2008 10:39 AM  
Blogger John Good said...

I failed to thank you all for your comments on this post. It's no excuse, but I've been really busy and out of touch as of late.

Thank you for your comraderie.

title="comment permalink">August 31, 2008 2:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();