{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: Update on Hobbes <$BlogMetaData>


Friday, April 11, 2008

Update on Hobbes

I wanted to post an update for those who have been inquiring about Hobbes. His condition improved each day this week, but we scheduled him with the vet today just to be on the safe side.

The prognosis: he's going to be just fine. No infections, but he does have a fractured jaw. The vet informed me that, in this case, it was no cause for concern as he greedily ate from the can of food he was offered!

Sometimes the fracture is bad enough of a certain type that the animal can't properly move the jaw or only do so with pain. We'll keep him on soft food for a week or so and monitor his transition back. He also had a case of ear mites, which they treated. And he was slightly dehydrated. The doctor gave him a subcutaneous fluids injection to hedge the bet. Hobbes was a trooper throughout, and the doc said his heart and lungs sounded great from what he could hear through all of the purring! The only time he struggled was when his temperature was taken, understandably. Turns out cats don't enjoy anal probes, either!!

Labels: ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

9 Comments:

Blogger Jim Wetzel said...

Hey, that boy does look a lot better. Happy day!

title="comment permalink">April 11, 2008 8:00 PM  
Blogger billie said...

not to be too forward but you might want to have him fixed. i know you said money was a bit tight but it's probably cheaper to have him fixed than the ladies. less recovery time too.

title="comment permalink">April 11, 2008 10:23 PM  
Blogger John Good said...

Jim - Yes he does, thanks!

Betmo - Not at all. Today's bill would likely have covered it. They all need to be fixed. . .

title="comment permalink">April 11, 2008 10:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great News..it was good you took him in..dehydration can worsen other things.

I am sure he is loving the canned food..

Did the vet hazard a guess what happened? I still think a fucked up human was involved..or a car that he bounced off of.

Thanks ;)

title="comment permalink">April 11, 2008 10:37 PM  
Blogger John Good said...

Dusty - Not at all, but I'm beginning to suspect a car. . .

title="comment permalink">April 11, 2008 11:00 PM  
Blogger Anon-Paranoid said...

John...

Glad to here that Hobbes is doing well since he didn't look so good in the photos you posted earlier.

Ginger is still doing well and since I took her off the Hill's and put her on the Iam's Weight control food she seems to be maybe losing some weight now.

I'm still worried though since I noticed that she is not eating as much as she use to.

Nibbles a little food and I barely add any to her bowl lately. I may need to take her back and have another full checkup done.

She passed all her test in December when she had her yearly shots so unless she caught something new maybe finally she will get her weight down to a more manageable one.

Tell Hobbes I send my love to him and hope he continues to get better.

God Bless.

title="comment permalink">April 11, 2008 11:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

One of my outdoor females got hit in front of the house..sadly she saw my husband come outside and ran across the street. He saw her get hit, said it was like slo motion.

She dragged her back legs all the way to the side of the house where she went under the house..I was frantic, trying to crawl under there to see if she was paralyzed.

She wasn't thankfully. But she won't go near the street now. ;)

I would keep her inside if I could..but she was a feral, born outside and although she sleeps indoors and loves us..she refuses to be an indoor only cat. At least she is spayed..as are all my cats.

Took me months to get her to trust us and even come in my house.

title="comment permalink">April 11, 2008 11:07 PM  
Blogger John Good said...

AP - My best to Ginger. And I'm glad to know you're still out there. Thank you for checking in!

Dusty - I've ALWAYS kept my cats inside. Til now. I was overwhelmed by having so many all of a sudden! And, with the economy being the way it ahs been the last 6 months or so, I haven't had the fundage to "fix" four cats. Now I see that it can always be worse. . .

title="comment permalink">April 11, 2008 11:17 PM  
Blogger Dan Klug said...

10-1 hobbes had an encounter with a raccoon. one of our cats looked the same way.Another that i have is a black cat with white paws we call "boots".i found him on the front porch with his right ear partially detatched.
i trapped 6 of them last season in live traps.

title="comment permalink">April 12, 2008 12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();