{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: Hillary: Buy My Healthcare, or Else! <$BlogMetaData>


Monday, February 04, 2008

Hillary: Buy My Healthcare, or Else!

I'd call that a mandate!

After criticizing rival Barack Obama for pushing a health plan that would not require universal coverage, Hillary Clinton says that she "might be willing to garnish the wages of workers who refuse to buy health insurance" to achieve coverage for all Americans.

Clinton has not always specified the enforcement measures she would embrace, but when pressed on ABC's This Week, she said: "I think there are a number of mechanisms" that are possible, including "going after people's wages, automatic enrollment."

Clinton said such measures would apply only to workers who can afford health coverage but refuse to buy it. Uhh. . .thanks, but no thanks.

Labels: , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

And I thought her plan was the best of the two..silly me. When I read about this in my emails this morning..I was freaking livid!

title="comment permalink">February 05, 2008 2:18 AM  
Blogger Mary Ellen said...

So what's wrong with requiring someone to have health insurance if they can afford it. I heard nothing but whining about how the US is so far behind Canada and Europe and everyone was rallying around Michael Moore when he made Sicko. She did say it would only come from workers who could afford insurance but refused to buy it. The government also takes out money for Social Security, should we complain about that, too?

Obama is mandating children be covered...what about sinle moms who can't afford to buy it? It's the same thing...

Also, Clinton has at least given info on how she would pay for it. Obama has not been that specific.

Honestly, no matter what she says, it's being talked as if it's an evil plot.

So, tell me...how exactly do you think we'll ever get universal health care? How is it supposed to be paid for?

title="comment permalink">February 06, 2008 12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();