{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: White House lashes out over Clinton's Iowa ad <$BlogMetaData>


Tuesday, August 14, 2007

White House lashes out over Clinton's Iowa ad

The White House today assailed Hillary Clinton for criticizing Bush in her latest television ad (Airing in Iowa right now), calling her statements "outrageous."

White House deputy lap-dog Dana Perino initially declined to comment on the ad, but then lambasted the spot and the senator.

"As to the merits of it, I think it's outrageous. This is a president who, first and foremost, has helped millions of seniors across the country have access to prescription drugs at a much lower cost," Perino said. "As to whether or not our troops are invisible to this president, I think that is absurd and that it is unconscionable that a member of Congress would say such a thing."



Campaigning in Dubuque, Iowa, Clinton referred to the White House criticism of her "invisible" comments. "Apparently I've struck a nerve. The White House just attacked me a few minutes ago," Clinton said. "Not only have I said it and am saying it, I will keep saying it because I happen to believe it."

Calling herself an optimistic and modern progressive who would help the nation overcome economic disparities, Clinton said the U.S. can "grow" its economy amid global competition "and do it in a way that benefits all Americans."

Clinton said the Bush administration "is working for Americans with incomes at the very top."

"Americans work harder than anyone else in the world, yet we're not getting rewarded," she said. "We're seeing a growing gap between the haves and have-nots that threatens the backbone of our country, the middle class that built our country."

Whatever your opinion of Mrs.Clinton, she's not one to back down from a fight. The remaining and ever-dwindling members of the Bush crime family would do well to remember that.

Labels:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

5 Comments:

Blogger Mary Ellen said...

I'm right in the middle of a silent scream after reading what that clueless bimbo, Dana Perino said. I have first hand experience at seeing what Bush has done to Senior citizens. My mother's medications jumped so high since George Bush decided to "help" the Seniors with a prescription drug plan, that I found out she cut her dosage in half to make them stretch further. When I heard this, I contacted her doctor who changed some of the medications so she could take a generic brand and he gave her samples to cover a couple of the others.

Before the last election I made phone calls for moveon.org and called all over the country. I did this for weeks before the election and spent hours every day doing it. In every State that I called, there were Senior citizens saying they would never vote Republican again and some of them actually started to cry when they told me they could no longer afford their medication. I went to bed every night feeling sick over those calls.

title="comment permalink">August 14, 2007 10:41 PM  
Blogger John Q. Public esq. said...

Holy Shit, t-r-o-u-b-l-e in River City, I had to call the Frog just to wish everyone well... I am told I will get a cell phone vid clid of him being cuffed....

we so fucking rule, btw: if that was your number I called sorry, I am on west coast time

XOXO

JQP

title="comment permalink">August 15, 2007 12:11 AM  
Blogger TomCat said...

Hi John. First, thanks for your visit and comment at Politics Plus.

I've seen quite a bit of buzz on the news about Clinton's ad and Perino's response to it. The drift was that Clinton had the most Rove like campaign, because she keeps her message in point no matter what and attacks her opposition (Bush) relentlessly. While Hillary is not my favorite, I still found that notion absurd. The difference, a critical one, is that Rove attacked Kerry with lies and innuendo. Clinton attacks Bush with directly presented facts.

title="comment permalink">August 15, 2007 3:05 PM  
Blogger John Good said...

ME - People like you are the backbone of progressive grass roots politics! I'm proud to know you!!

JQP - Not a problem; I know you were excited and that dry heat has baked your friggin' brain. . . ;)

Tomcat - Sorry it took me so long! I've not been the big schmoozer that I once was as of late.

And you are dead on - these people always distort and bend; the facts are their enemy.

title="comment permalink">August 15, 2007 8:38 PM  
Blogger TomCat said...

John, I appreciate what you mean. I try to visit every blogger that posts a comment at my place the following day. That often takes me four hours.

title="comment permalink">August 16, 2007 3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();