{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: Texan puts toddler in dryer <$BlogMetaData>


Thursday, August 23, 2007

Texan puts toddler in dryer

This guy needs some serious mental help - I haven't heard if he was under the influence of anything or not, but either way. . .

Powered by AOL Video


I actually endured this at the age of 5. Many of you may recall that back in the sixties, dryers operated in much the same manner as the washing machine - open the lid it stops, close the lid and it starts right back up. There's a reason why they changed that switch method! I had gone down to the basement, grabbed our cat, and set down on the open lid of the dryer to pet her. Apparently, I fell backwards into the dryer, which resumed it's unfinished cycle!

Needless to say, my Mom heard the banging and howling and extricated us post haste! Next time I'll tell you about my encounter with the electric fence that same summer. . .;)

Labels: ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

5 Comments:

Blogger Robert Rouse said...

I'm sure I've told you this before, but this same thing happened to my son Dustin when he was only three! His birth mom's boyfriend couldn't take the crying (from a kid with FASD), so he thought a spin around a hot dryer would fix him. We really need more chlorine in our collective gene pool.

Also, I thought I would stop by and let you know that your blog was one of the featured spots on the very first BWR at my new place. Drop by any time!

title="comment permalink">August 23, 2007 8:22 PM  
Blogger John Good said...

Wow. . .and I did that to myself! What sort of twisted bastard does that make ME?

title="comment permalink">August 23, 2007 8:51 PM  
Blogger Parson said...

I guess a joke about kids being dry clean only would be inapropriate?

title="comment permalink">August 24, 2007 12:54 AM  
Blogger Jeff Pruitt said...

I had a friend in college that had to remove a cat from a dryer.

His girlfriend had accidentally shut her roommate's cat in the dryer with the whites.

It was an ugly site to be sure...

title="comment permalink">August 24, 2007 1:22 AM  
Blogger Mary Ellen said...

Ouch! I can't imagine how scary that was for you, John!

I just can't imagine what thought process would have brought that guy to decide to put a crying kid in a dryer. Obviously the kid is unstable and I'm glad his girlfriend thought of her child first and called the police on the guy. Many women see their kids hurt by their boyfriends and don't report it until it's too late.

title="comment permalink">August 24, 2007 9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();