{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: Jerry Falwell <$BlogMetaData>


Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Jerry Falwell

I labored over whether or not to do a post on Jerry Falwell's passing. I knew I would likely end up with a long rant that would please some, and piss off some others. . .

As fate would have it, I found the following post after reading through the comments on another blog that I found via a post from Paddy on Cliff Schecter's blog. Fate works in strange ways. . .but this AMAZING post not only demonstrates that fact, but is quite insightful regarding the state of "Christianity" in our world today. My attention span can run short late in the evening, but I hung on every word of this rather long tale:

Pat and Jerry meet Jesus


Do leave this guy a comment and link to this piece if you agree with my assessment of his work!

Labels: ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

7 Comments:

Blogger John Q. Public esq. said...

great link....


all my best,

JQP

title="comment permalink">May 15, 2007 10:46 PM  
Blogger Parson said...

Falwell's greatest hits,
Rest in peace you blowhard

title="comment permalink">May 15, 2007 10:54 PM  
Blogger Sewmouse said...

Usually I strive for originality, but today I'll give you the same comment I've left other places...

In this Time of Mourning© let us reflect and find comfort in the Words of Jesus© from the book of Matthew 7:21-23:

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

title="comment permalink">May 16, 2007 6:38 AM  
Blogger Undeniable Liberal said...

It's times like this that wingnuts remind us of the phrase "Show some respect for the dead".
"Did Fallwell ever show any respect for the living?"

title="comment permalink">May 16, 2007 7:52 AM  
Blogger JM said...

Thanks for the link; a better Fallwell comment than most I've read!

title="comment permalink">May 16, 2007 8:10 AM  
Blogger PTCruiser said...

Thanks, John. Well worth the read.

title="comment permalink">May 16, 2007 11:26 AM  
Blogger John Good said...

I'm glad I was able to share it with you all. The guy's one hell of a writer. . .

title="comment permalink">May 16, 2007 8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();