{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: Local tastes? <$BlogMetaData>


Monday, May 14, 2007

Local tastes?

DATELINE - Elderon, Wis.

Around here, it may be tough to pass up anything deep-fried. Wisconsinites have deep-fried cheese curds, candy bars and Twinkies. They now have deep-fried livestock testicles, too.



Won't this cause a hot dog shortage somewhere? Or is that merely a "related" issue?



More than 300 people paid $5 for all-you-can-eat goat, lamb and bull testicles Saturday at the ninth annual Testicle Festival at Mama's Place Bar and Grill in Elderon in central Wisconsin.



MILFH (Mother-In-Law From Hell) - If you are reading this, I aint going anywhere NEAR this town! I don't care WHAT the family event is!



"Once you get over the mental (aspect) of what you're eating, it's just like eating any other food, and it tastes good," Buster Hoffman said.



Note that Buster resides in the same state where Jeffrey Dahmer had a similar opinion on "vittles"! And another guy wore his mother's "skin"!



Festival founder Nancy Fenske said the festival grew out of her late husband Roger's birthday party 12 years ago. They decided to have "a nut fry" at Mama's Place after bringing back lamb fries from a trip to Montana.



"Late" husband? I'm wondering about the hors-d'oeuvres at his wake! aaaahhhhh!!!!



The event grew every year and now they fry up to 100 pounds of testicles, she said.



100 POUNDS?? Mine are shrinking back into my inner body cavity right now!



"What else can you do in a small town?" Fenske said.



You people ever heard of a bake sale, chili cookoff, 4-H fair??



Butch Joubert, 58, likes the parts sandwiched between bread with tartar sauce. They're not so different from regular meatballs also served at the festival, he said.



The HELL they aren't, Butch! You're eating something's BALLS!!!



"After a few beers, you can't really tell the difference," Joubert said.



Aaaahhhhh. . . nice try, Butchie. But all the beer in Milwaukee couldn't persuade me to eat balls! If it's an acquired taste, I aspire to NOT acquire! YOU have at 'em, and pass me some deep-fried cheese curds - that's more in line with my Hoosier values of death by heart attack. . .

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

8 Comments:

Blogger Parson said...

"Butchie. But all the beer in Milwaukee couldn't persuade me to eat balls!"

But a few shots of tequila and your "hungry"?

title="comment permalink">May 14, 2007 10:54 PM  
Blogger Undeniable Liberal said...

Suddenly, I have a bad taste in my mouth as the gag reflex has kicked in. Ugh!

title="comment permalink">May 15, 2007 6:55 AM  
Blogger Peacechick Mary said...

Had some for breakfast! Gonna have more at lunch and dinner and maybe a snack. Good God, they're just like Pringles - you can't eat just one.

title="comment permalink">May 15, 2007 8:57 AM  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

Oh hell, it's way too early in the morning for me to read something like this. If I get to a point in my life where I consider eating these, someone please just shoot me.

title="comment permalink">May 15, 2007 9:14 AM  
Blogger Sewmouse said...

Leave it to the cheddarheads...

*shudder*

They used to have "Rocky Mtn. Oyster" festivals in Denver. Same "hick" mentality, I suppose.

Never tried. Never will. Just too disgusting to contemplate.

title="comment permalink">May 15, 2007 10:30 AM  
Blogger Blueberry said...

I ate sheep (or maybe it was goat) balls when I was a kid in Greece (no pun intended on the "kid") long before I was a vegetarian. I've also eaten brains while living in St. Louis. I think that meat is meat. It's all equally disgusting to me now. :-P

ptoooey!!

title="comment permalink">May 15, 2007 10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...chili cookoff

Indeed, but that reminds me of an apocryphal story from Texas Monthly many years ago. At the Texas State Fair's Chili Cookoff (a very big deal in Texas), a young boy tending a delicious smelling pot of chili was asked by a reporter what was the secret ingredient in his family's recipe. Without hesitating, the boy looked at the reporter and said, "Bullshit!"

title="comment permalink">May 15, 2007 4:29 PM  
Blogger John Good said...

Parson - I LOVE tequila! You know WHY? Cause tequila makes me PASS OUT before I would even CONSIDER eating BALLS!! ;)

UL - You TRIED them??? AAAHHHHHHH!!!

Mary - (backing away very slowly)

POP - Locking and loading.

Blueberry - No WONDER you gave up meat!!

Froggy - Ew!

Sew - Me too! Careful, though. . .I have lots of in-laws in Wisconsin!

title="comment permalink">May 15, 2007 9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();