SpadoMan included me in his tagged list today, and said some very nice things about me. As it turns out, we have quite a bit in common. I, too, started my blog in January of 2006. Like Spado, I have also been very busy lately, but try to make my rounds as much as possible. The work I do doesn't allow me to express myself creatively; blogging fills that void for me - sometimes too much! I recently added a laptop to our inventory so that I may roam around the house on WiFi rather than disappearing into the basement for hours on end.
I am truly grateful for all of the friends that I have made via the blogosphere, on all sides of the issues. It has been simply indescribable to hook up with so many great people with like interests on issues, as well as getting to know, understand, and respect people from across the aisle who are willing to do the same.
The meme that I have been tagged with by Spado asks me to name five of my favorite blogs and tell why they are my favorites, or list five that at least make me think. As noted by Spado, it's not easy to select five out of one's entire blogroll, and preferences change daily based on one's mood, so I'll try to pick out five that work for me at this given moment in time. That being said, if you are listed in my blogroll, you could be one of these five at any given time, depending on the mood I am currently in, what kinda day I had, etc.
One of the things Spado noted, and I fully agree with:
"My absolute favorite thing is when one of the bloggers goes through and reads the comments and then writes a personal note to each and every one of the people who left a comment. I realize that some discussions are for the sole purpose of provoking thoughts and ideas, and that the task would be overwhelming to accomplish, but when it happens and I see the blogger mention my name and say something directly to me, I am thrilled."
I couldn't agree more with that statement, and usually attempt to do exactly that! I appreciate that people take the time to comment - they deserve a response! Thank you to all of you who do the same! And now to my list. . .
1. Blognonymous - My froggy friend is always on top of things, and usually has an interesting take on what's going on around us. His work is always well-researched and he links to relevant articles. And Kvatch is one who responds to all comments on a regular basis - you always feel welcome there.
2. Hill Country Gal - She makes me laugh! She's up on the latest news and spins it in her own way like nobody else can with her unique sense of humor. Add to that the fact that she cares about her blogging friends enough to stay in touch via e-mail, and offers up personal support and reinforcement. She has a heart as big as her state of Texas! (Unlike that carpetbagging vile prick)
3. Dusty - I doubt that there is a left-coast blogger more on top of current issues than Dusty - I often have to come back several times just to digest it all! She's been an activist for longer than she probably cares to admit, and God bless her for all of her work! She sets the bar incredibly high for the rest of us. And she creates some damned fine video montages!
4. The Undeniable Liberal - What can I say? Every time I click over, he has THE post that *I* was gonna do - only better! We obviously listen to the same media sources, and the man does an awesome job of reporting the daily events as they should be told. Not to mention that he's a great family guy and fellow mid-westerner. Rock on, dude!
5. Craig - This author of the weblog "Reverent and Free" is, by my own label, "cerebral and sarcastic". Hard to go wrong with that combination! Even the victims of his venom generally respect him for his work, because Craig doesn't really care what you think - He's gonna give you his side of things regardless, and one can't help but follow along!
It's terribly difficult to leave this list at only five, but there they are. I doubt that you wouldn't enjoy any of the blogs that I link to here at Left in Aboite, but rules are rules, whims are whims, and moments are moments, so. . .here we are.