{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: New Wheels <$BlogMetaData>


Tuesday, March 27, 2007

New Wheels

Okay, I just traded in my 2000 DeVille for a 2006 Magnum. I've always been a GM kinda guy, and usually bought Pontiacs before getting into the Caddy's recently. The new Chrysler Corp's stable of vehicles had captured my interest recently, particularly the "new" Charger and the Magnum as well as the recent 300 model.

I was sorta set on the 300, but after pricing them and checking out the Charger and Magnum, I decided that the latter two offered more bang for my buck. I test drove both of those and, while they are basically the same vehicle, the Magnum offered extra storage and rear-seat headroom than the Charger. The Charger was sportier looking, but less practical in my opinion. I sat in the back seat of the Charger and my head was resting against the rear window glass. . .in the Magnum I had six inches of clearance in the same situation.

My wife, whom I love dearly, HATES the Magnum and wishes I had bought the Charger instead despite my concerns and the fact that it was a couple thousand more. I am curious about your thoughts on this - so far it seems to be a gender thing. Men seem to like the Magnum, and women dislike it. What are YOUR thoughts? Here are some pics:





Labels:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

11 Comments:

Blogger Lew Scannon said...

I'm more of a Pontiac man myself. I guess it depends on your needs. Who will be riding in the back seat? If you need more space to haul things in, I would go with the magnum too (if my conscience would let me buy a Chrysler)

title="comment permalink">March 27, 2007 10:28 PM  
Blogger Parson said...

That magnum looks too much like a station wagon too me. I guess if your hauling kids and groceries it's the better choise.

title="comment permalink">March 27, 2007 10:29 PM  
Blogger Stan Matuska said...

You know what? It's just different, that's all. It is actually a very practical family car. As far as your wife is concerned, she'll get over it; but I'm not sure I would buy a car my wife hates, even if it is "my" car.
Though... I just bought a house I hate, but my wife loves... hmmmm Ouch! That's the sound of being "kitty" whipped!

title="comment permalink">March 27, 2007 11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just going to preface this with a "WTF do I know," remark, but...

The new line of Chrysler/Dodge cars are some of the butt-ugliest vehicles I've seen since GM decided to resurrect the Monte Carlo a few years back. Sorry.

Of course, you can't trust a frog who only internal combustion engine has 3 cylinders and sits between his legs.

title="comment permalink">March 28, 2007 12:58 AM  
Blogger PTCruiser said...

For looks, I would've gone with the Charger. I sdid sit in one of those Chrysler 300's at the SF Auto Show and thought it was a really nice car. I never got to drive it though.

I think your wife is right, John. Take the pie wagon back to the dealer and tell him you want a man's car.

title="comment permalink">March 28, 2007 2:58 AM  
Blogger Peacechick Mary said...

I'm in the "does it get me to where I want to go" without breaking the bank and spending a lot of time in repair category. If it fits that description, then I like it. I do like the red, tho.

title="comment permalink">March 28, 2007 9:14 AM  
Blogger billie said...

i love dodge! i had a stratus until it died. i like the magnum- but i wouldn't mind having the charger. i was so excited when it came out. too much car for me though- i usually go to the store and back again. i don't know what the inside looks like- but i like the looks of a muscle wagon! am i abnormal?

title="comment permalink">March 28, 2007 2:49 PM  
Blogger Spadoman said...

John Good... You've been tagged. But you have to come to my blog, The Round Circle, to read about it and respond.

I've had over 150 automobiles. Some day I'll post the list.

title="comment permalink">March 28, 2007 4:20 PM  
Blogger John Good said...

Lew - Me too, hence my nickname "Pontio" (short for Pontiac Man) Never cared much for Chrysler until this latest batch.

Parson - I _like_ station wagons, and this one is sporty to boot!

Stan - Agreed! It's a minivan for people who don't like minvans - DING! =)

Kvatch - We'll hafta disagree on this one, but I agree on the Monte Carlo. . .I've really TRIED to like it, I think it's that bland front end in my case.

PT - The 300's are AWESOME - perhaps next time. . .

Mary - It does all that, and at a fast clip as well!

Betmo - Apparently not, cause "me too"!

Spado - I'll look forward to that list. and start composing my response!

title="comment permalink">March 28, 2007 7:32 PM  
Blogger Me said...

OK, I agree with your wife. Completely!

title="comment permalink">March 28, 2007 9:03 PM  
Blogger Parson said...

I just found that we make parts for the magnum/chargers here were I work.

So enjoy your ride knowing I may have already touched part of it.. :)

title="comment permalink">March 28, 2007 10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();