{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: Kraska's rant on "God tags" <$BlogMetaData>


Friday, August 11, 2006

Kraska's rant on "God tags"

From Indiana resident and KOS contributor Paddy Kraska:

Fri Aug 11, 2006 at 11:18:44 AM PDT


Now, I'm gonna try and be coherent about this, but I'm not sure I can.


THIS IS INSANE.... and I can explain exactly why.


Now that I'm done screaming, the dogs have slunk out of the room and the shaking in my hands has subsided, I need to tell you something.


INDIANA IS IN THE HANDS OF FUCKING LUNATICS*!!!!


Let's set aside (for the moment) the obvious blurring of church and state on this purty liscence plate.


These are headlines from articles from the South Bend Tribune for JUST THE PAST 7 DAYS....


BMV computer problems delay tax distribution


BMV form letter arrives instead of license renewal


Daniels apologizes for BMV problems


It's been going on since Mitch Daniels became our Governor.


He closed branches,


NEWS


Proposed BMV closings under scrutiny


Indiana - The Indiana BMV's proposed branch closings are coming under scrutiny.


On Thursday a group of state lawmakers is expected to form a study committee to review the Bureau of Motor Vehicles decisions and plans.


The BMV's Commissioner has decided to close nine branches and place 24 more under review. Four branches being considered for closing are in Michiana including Walkerton, North Judson, Syracuse and Chesterton.


hired an controversial director,

If we were in a firing mood ...

OUR OPINION

(Opinion: 2006/07/27)

$32 million computer upgrade at the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles has been enough to drive anyone around the bend. Democrats are so annoyed that they're getting up a petition asking Gov. Mitch Daniels to pull BMV Commissioner Joel Silverman's ticket over the whole mess.


and they installed a new computer system WITHOUT ADEQUATE TESTING OR PROPER BACKUP.

The state has its hands full fixing problems that arose a month ago when the Bureau of Motor Vehicles activated a new $35 million computer system. An outside expert looked at how the conversion is going and said problems can happen when the data is bad or the computer system is asked to do something it's not designed to do. Both are possible here.


Of fucking course, the new system crashed. And we ALL know

that this design probably cost a pretty penny, no doubt paid to some R crony Ad company out of state.


Now pay close attention to this, it's kinda like the "How many faces can you spot in this picture" thingie from Close-Ups. How many problems can you spot in this article?


New Indiana license plate design released

'In God We Trust' to be available Jan. 1.


INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- A new state license plate will feature the American flag and the words "In God We Trust" on a blue background, the Bureau of Motor Vehicles officials announced Thursday.


The final design for the new plate, which will be available next year, was chosen from four possible options, including designs that featured the state flag or Statehouse.


The General Assembly passed a bill to create the plate during this year's legislative session. Drivers who want the plate do not have to pay an extra fee, and the plate is not technically a specialty tag.


"We are pleased with the design of this plate and expect it to be very popular with our customers," BMV Commissioner Joel Silverman said.


Okay, so I made it a little easier.


So, in effect it's actually an ALTERNATIVE tag to the regular one you also don't have to pay extra for.


What if I don't want the "In GOD We Trust" tag, say the blue clashes with my vehicle.


Am I not PATRIOTIC?


Do I not BELIEVE in God?


Or is it I just don't TRUST God?


Scenario

Potential Employer- "Saw you drive in. Did the BMV run out of those new "IN GOD WE TRUST" tags?"


Me- "Nope"


Employer-"Oh"


The state has more troubles than you shake a forest of sticks at, and the LEGISLATURE takes TIME to debate and PASS a BILL for this SHIT!!!!


I'm sure there is nothing retroactively that I can do about this, but you can bet your ass that this pandering piece of propaganda has just fired the hell outa me, and some of my so called "Legislators" are going to be very tired of hearing from me. It's a promise.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe they are doing this, but I must say, it is nice to see the word God displayed instead of being removed like all this "political correctness" has been doing.

I do believe in the separation of Church and State, but I also believe we are a Country founded on Christianity and have just as much right to say so as do all the other religions.

title="comment permalink">August 12, 2006 12:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

John,

Go straight to Hell, do not pass go, and take Hilliary, Jim Maynard, Barry Lynn, Sean Penn, Alec Baldwin, and the rest of the FallujaHollywood/DC
Bandits-asswipes with you.

Oh, and stay out of my church.

title="comment permalink">August 12, 2006 2:19 PM  
Blogger John Good said...

What a fine example you set for others. . .I'm sure your church must be quite proud of you.

title="comment permalink">August 12, 2006 4:16 PM  
Blogger LP Mike Sylvester said...

I really have no problem with the plate. I would not choose to put that plate on my car; but, I think everyone should be free to do what they want as long as it does not hurt others...

Mike Sylvester

title="comment permalink">August 12, 2006 8:28 PM  
Blogger John Good said...

This is another clear attempt to merge church and state. This should not be a state sanctioned theme. I agree that everyone should be free to do what they want w/o harm, but leave that to the individual, rather than the government.

I further take exception to this plate being offered w/o charge as all other alternative plates currently are. That just smacks further of state endorsement and favoritism.

And, last but certainly not least, there are FAR more important issues that the BMV should be addressing rather than wasting time on this blatant attempt to appease the base. Said base being what I define as made up of the same kind, thoughtful and courteous individuals as the one who left the above comment condemning me to hell. Definately NOT WWJD. . .

title="comment permalink">August 12, 2006 9:36 PM  
Blogger LP Mike Sylvester said...

John:

I agree that there should be a charge just like the other plates...

Mike Sylvester

title="comment permalink">August 12, 2006 11:35 PM  
Blogger Donnie McDaniel said...

Ok John, I do not remember giving your state permission to use my state lawmakers!! Because this sounds like something David Vitter or Bobby Jindal would do. I must request that your state...on second thought...Keep them.

LOL buddy, nice to see that I am not the only one with idiots for lawmakers. Do you reckon that maybe our states have some of the same tainted DNA running around?

title="comment permalink">August 13, 2006 6:30 AM  
Blogger John Good said...

I know you don't wish any travel plans on me, Coff. YOU are the real deal when it comes to people of faith.

I have nothing against the plate, per se, but I strongly object to it being issued by a government agency, and then freely offered whilst all other "specialty" tags are accessed an additional fee. That is biased and patently unfair to those who paid extra for their specialty tags.It'd make a nice front plate . . .and I'm sure that it already does on some cars. No problems there at all.

title="comment permalink">August 13, 2006 4:33 PM  
Blogger John Good said...

If they charged an additional fee... then, where would the money go? See there is the rub. Christians would want the money going someplace like the Associated Churches Food Bank, or something totally non-contraversial but the state can not give it to a religious org.

So all in all? the best thing is to offer it as a free option.


I'd still feel that this was in violation of our constitution, but would have NO problem with funds paid for said plate being returned to the cause or causes of the persons paying the money for them.

title="comment permalink">August 13, 2006 10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My god is better than your god.

Those who flaunt their religion and try to paste it on others make me vomit.

Damn, I hate to vomit.

To each his/her own. Keep it personal. Had kids in public school (EACS) who resented religious comments of teachers. As a teacher myself, I never shared my beliefs, other than to allow each student to be comfortable with their own understandings.

Cool comment: Once in a sidebar in an appropriate context, I said that Jesus (not his origional name) was Jewish. One girl said, Mr. xxxx, Jesus was a Baptist. I just smiled and said, yes he probably was.

I never tried to convert - just open discussion.

title="comment permalink">August 17, 2006 12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();