{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: Veep-Stakes <$BlogMetaData>


Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Veep-Stakes

CBS is of the same mindset as I regarding Obama's VP selection:

Thomas Cook over at Blue Indiana offered up a contest where readers were to compete in selecting Obama's Veep choice as well as the date and time. The deadline for entries was at midnight yesterday - My choice was Evan Bayh at 1 PM on Friday. I still suspect that Joe Biden (Whom I initially supported in the primaries) may well be the pick, but I selfishly hope for Bayh for the coattails he would bring to the Hoosier state. Honestly, I'd be thrilled with either of the two, but I think Evan on the ticket would nearly ensure a statewide clean sweep for Democrats. We shall see. . .

Labels: , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

3 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Knuth said...

Hey, I look for it to be tomorrow.

Friday is a bad day for news cycles. Thursday would give them a Friday through Sunday news hit.

title="comment permalink">August 20, 2008 5:48 PM  
Blogger John Good said...

Kevin - Care to bet a cool one on it? ;)

title="comment permalink">August 20, 2008 9:53 PM  
Blogger Robert Rouse said...

To be honest, many in the media were expecting it this morning, so I'm with Kevin on this. If they wait until Friday afternoon for the announcement, they'll not even have one day of full coverage. Thursday makes more sense. It's not too early in the week and it will give the 24-hour nets two full days to fumble over themselves trying to analyze the pick. I don't buy CBS having the inside track on when it will be announced. Obama is playing this close to the vest.

This is the way I think it will play out. Tomorrow morning, Obama will personally contact those who did not make the cut, but will not tell them his choice. He will then talk to his chosen veep to let him - or her - know. While he is making the call, his web-meister and campaign director will get ready to send the signal to all the cell phones and email boxes so we the people will get the news at the same time as the MSM. Obama will tell them his choice and the news will hit the world.

I'm telling you John, if I'm wrong about this, I'll ..................................
..................................
..................................
eat my breakfast and wait for Friday afternoon.

title="comment permalink">August 20, 2008 11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();