{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: Bobby Kennedy - In Remembrance <$BlogMetaData>


Thursday, June 05, 2008

Bobby Kennedy - In Remembrance

Many fine posts have been blogged tonight in honor of RFK. There is little that I could add to those efforts, so I'll leave you with this short video and the question "How much better would America be today if Bobby had survived to become our president:



As a footnote - let us not forget our loss of JFK Jr. Next month will mark 9 years since that catastrophic event:

Labels: , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

4 Comments:

Blogger Larry said...

With all the hoopla over what will Hillary do today this day in history has sadly been ignored.

I'm glad you remembered it.

title="comment permalink">June 05, 2008 9:22 PM  
Blogger John Good said...

Thanks, Larry. I remembered it, but put it on the back burner due to it being a busy news day. I was just under 4 years old when Bobby was shot, but I grew up surrounded by tales of him and John and their pictures on the walls of our home.

Honestly, the loss of JFK Jr was the one that really socked me in the gut. I recall thinking that some people were likely happy about that event, and trying to get beyond the anger that filled me with. . .

title="comment permalink">June 05, 2008 9:26 PM  
Blogger enigma4ever said...

Wow..thank you for remembering both of them....I too think it is so sad...He had so much potential...and so much wisdom yet to be tapped...His magazine was really onto something- and he would have loved Bloggers and what they can accomplish ;-)

AND ....you were young....but their history was shared with you...I too was a child of the Sixties..a smidge older...but the Kennedys are a very special family and their role in our History is very important.....

BUT Bobby...wow...I have had that exact same question on my Profile since day one of my blog-
WHAT would we be like as a country if he had lived.....sigh...

Great post- I am going to send folks here- great videos...

title="comment permalink">June 05, 2008 10:40 PM  
Blogger Stan Matuska said...

I believe there are reasons for everything - good and bad, but it isn't for us to know or to figure out. I believe that God has plans for each of us, whether we like them or not. So remembrance is good, but to question why is just a futile attempt to rationalize Gods great plans. Stan

title="comment permalink">June 06, 2008 7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();