{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: In God We Trust - Florida style <$BlogMetaData>


Wednesday, April 16, 2008

In God We Trust - Florida style

No IGWiT's in the Sunshine State - just I Believe'rs:

For perhaps the first time in recent history, Florida has gotten something right. Miami Democrat Representative Ed Bullard, a supporter of the new plate, one of four with religious themes, concedes that ''some people'' may find something wrong with it, but he said it was a license plate for those people who may want something other than a plate that has a manatee or picture of the Challenger space shuttle.

No, Eddie, despite all of the guffaws over the 2000 presidential election, butterfly ballots, and unapproved early primary dates, you and your fellow supporters of these plates have actually gotten this one right. As with any other "specialty plate", your state is charging an extra fee for these tags. As it should. The $25 fee will go to an Orlando based non-profit group that will use it for faith-based education for Floridian youth. Nicely done.

You see, here in our fine state, our legislature decided to produce similar plates and distribute them at no extra charge to residents. In fact, these plates were actively pushed by our DMV - workers were instructed to "sell" them at every opportunity. Did I mention that these new plates cost more to produce than the standard issue plates and that the extra cost was passed on to Indiana taxpayers whether they approved of, or desired to obtain, the plates for their own vehicle? I guess I just did.

Anyways, Florida, I just wanted to give you an "attaboy!" for getting this right. By the way, if you are open to trading players from our respective state legislators. . .call me. (wink)

Labels: , , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want a license plate that says, "Fuck yes, I'm bitter!

So?"


:)

title="comment permalink">April 16, 2008 11:02 PM  
Blogger enigma4ever said...

Me too:"Kiss My Bitter Ass"

Hey come over to Watergate- we need people to post YES WE CAN tomorrow- and yeah shit read about ABC's crap - the Debate from Hell- we got ROVED....

thanks...

title="comment permalink">April 17, 2008 2:58 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

Have those plates been pulled as people come in this year? Seems like I'm seeing less and less of them. Maybe I've just become numb to their presence. I have "special" plate. I pay for it, not my fellow taxpayers. Good post John.

title="comment permalink">April 17, 2008 10:11 AM  
Blogger Parson said...

I think if you do the license renewal on-line you get the new Indiana plate. You get $5.00 off for ordering on-line. When I ordered mine I didn't even seen on the BMV website were you could get a special plate.

title="comment permalink">April 17, 2008 7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();