{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: Bill Clinton to appear in Ft.Wayne tomorrow <$BlogMetaData>


Monday, March 17, 2008

Bill Clinton to appear in Ft.Wayne tomorrow

Bill Clinton is scheduled to appear at the Grand Wayne Center, 120 W. Jefferson Blvd, in downtown Fort Wayne tomorrow. The event starts at 6:45 PM in Center Hall "C". No tickets will be distributed for the event. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis for the “Solutions for America” rally in support of Hillary Clinton. Hillary supporters are holding a sign-making rally at Allen County Democratic Headquarters at the time of this writing.

In a show of solidarity with Markos, I will not be in attendance. Up until the events of this primary season, I considered Bill Clinton to be one of my generation's greatest presidents. He may still deserve that ranking, however, I find serious faults with the means to his ends these days. According to an AOL "Hot Seat" Poll, 69% of my fellow Hoosiers have agreed with me that Mr.Clinton's image has been damaged by his role in his wife's campaign. Negative campaigning and dirty politics are what we normally expect from across the aisle, not from our own, and especially not from our "heros".

It comes as no surprise to regular readers of this blog that I am a strong supporter of Barack Obama. I truly believe that he is a clean break from the past, and an instrument of change. Mrs.Clinton, although an obviously better choice than John McCain, is neither of the above. As with Mr.McCain, she represents more of the same. A kinder, gentler more of the same, but more of the same nonetheless. I care not about "experience" after having experienced it. I prefer honesty. I want vision. I desire to be hopeful once more. Mr.Obama does that for me. . .

He offers a new campaign style. One that obviously caught you off guard, even though it was introduced by Howard Dean four years ago. It's a strategy that rightly decides that it's insane to continue doing the same thing while expecting different results. The Clinton strategy is to grab several large states and catapult to victory. The Dean Obama 50-state strategy steamrolls all over the old way, and places wins for Democrats not only in the normal strategic battlegrounds, but in solid red states such as Wyoming and Montana and many others. The winds of change are blowing, sir. And the skinny little kid with the funny name, that you laughingly and erroneously wrote off, set your wife's campaign back onto it's very heels during the Super Tuesday contests where you expected to wrap up her nomination.

Mr.Clinton - I respect you for the positive things you accomplished during your tenure. We'll not discuss NAFTA or Clear Channel in this post. And I respect Mrs.Clinton for what she endured via your other "accomplishments". But I cannot forgive your dismissal of Ronald Reagan's first rule (as applied to OUR party) : Thou shalt speak no ill of your fellow Democrats. How ironic that I should serve up such a reminder to America's "first black president" after his attempts to use the politics of racial division against the possible REAL version. . .as you once uttered in reply to another group, "How DARE you". . .


Labels: , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

5 Comments:

Blogger billie said...

i have all intentions of voting for barack obama- should he not have the nomination stolen off from under him. my entire 'bad taste' with the clintons comes from hillary knowingly seeking re-election to the new york state senate seat- and coyly suggesting that she didn't know if she would run or not- i voted tasini in that primary. he lost and i backed her not wanting to lose the dem seat. i gritted my teeth but i did it. she'll get no such loyalty this time- i already voted obama in my primary as kucinich had already been driven out. i stand firm in my plan to remove my loyalty and votes from the democratic party. odds are i will vote dem most elections- but i will not have a 'd' next to my name any longer. just as i am ashamed of my nation's government- i am ashamed of my political party. this was a no brainer after 2006- they had a real chance to do some good in repairing the constitution. they chose profit over people and politics over planet. they have shown limited integrity if any- and the clinton campaign is shameless. misogyny certainly exists- but to constantly play victim whenever criticized is a rovian tactic. i can't in good conscience support that- and after all is said and done- i am who i have to live with.

title="comment permalink">March 17, 2008 9:39 PM  
Blogger John Good said...

Betmo - I honestly respect you for that. I'm either blindly optimistic or for change at any cost. I just want my country back. . .we can do SO much better.

title="comment permalink">March 17, 2008 9:45 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Who would have ever thought Indiana could make a difference in a primary.

title="comment permalink">March 17, 2008 10:10 PM  
Blogger Blueberry said...

I agree about Bill and his new tarnish. I have stood in line for many hours on separate occasions to meet both the Clintons (and get their autographs on newly purchased books), but Bill Clinton made several appearances here in this town recently, easy and free to attend, and I stayed away. I did go and see Obama, however.

I'd like the Clintons to quit before the tarnish sticks but it may be too late. It definitely is for her. Bill will shake this off eventually without as much damage (I think)

title="comment permalink">March 17, 2008 11:53 PM  
Blogger Mary Ellen said...

John, is Bill Bradley part of that "new style of politics" you are talking about? Didn't you hear him on Meet the Press last Sunday, threaten those Super Delegates who don't vote for Obama that their seats will be in danger in the next election? Other black Super Delegates have said that they were also threatened the same way by Jesse Jackson. This is the vision you've been looking for? It looks like the same old dirty politics, the Chicago way that I've seen in the past.

I don't know...we've already had eight years of a guy that was elected by people who thought that experience wasn't necessary, Bush was a guy they could sit down and have a beer with, a guy who wasn't "politics as usual".

I'll take experience over "inspiration" any day of the week.

Maybe I'll drive into Fort Wayne for that Clinton appearance, thanks for the heads up! ;-)

title="comment permalink">March 18, 2008 1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();