{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: Friday Nite Retro <$BlogMetaData>


Friday, September 07, 2007

Friday Nite Retro

Good evening and welcome once again to Friday Nite Retro here at Left in Aboite! Tonight's feature artist came about when three members of Savoy Brown quit that band and formed a new group in 1970 - Ladies and gentlemen, I give you. . .FOGHAT!

Their 1972 album Foghat gave them a big hit with a cover of Willie Dixon's "I Just Want to Make Love to You":

I Just Want to Make Love to You


1975's Fool For the City spawned two more hits for the boys; the title track, and the song that most of you will remember, Slow Ride:

Fool for the City


Slow Ride


I just HAD to include this one, just for Der Parson (ahem):

Hardee's Commercial featuring Slow Ride


And, finally, their cover of the Robert Johnson blues standard:

Sweet Home Chicago


And a couple of personal favorites in audio format only:

Stone Blue


Third Time Lucky


That's it for tonight - Rock on, amigos!

Labels: , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

6 Comments:

Blogger Robert Rouse said...

I saw Foghat at their first US show at the Soda Pop Festival at Bull Island. I would love to find an original video for I Just Want to Make Love to You featuring original guitarist and vocalist, Lonesome Dave Peverett. I didn't really care much for their mainstream hits. Much like REO Speedwagon and Chicago wimped out in their later years, I preferred their first three albums before the days of Slow Ride and Fool For the City.

title="comment permalink">September 07, 2007 11:56 PM  
Blogger John Good said...

Probably the age difference - I was a bigger fan of Foghat during the late 70's, when I was a teenager. I liked REO on High Infidelity - hated most of the pre and post work. On Chicago - I thought they were rock solid all the way through, but the Pete Cetera years were my favorite.

You forgot to mention Foreigner, who ROCKED out in the 70's and then SOLD out in the early 80's. . .

title="comment permalink">September 08, 2007 12:18 AM  
Blogger Stan Matuska said...

I'm not a big music fan, but something caught my eye with "slow ride" - I didn't even need the audio on to enjoy it!!!

Honey, if you're reading this, you know I love you. Hot, thin, young, cute chicks can't hold a candle to you anyway.

title="comment permalink">September 08, 2007 1:33 PM  
Blogger Parson said...

A Hardees burger looks really good right about now. Too bad it's 2:30am

title="comment permalink">September 09, 2007 2:26 AM  
Blogger Sewmouse said...

These guys played a couple of years ago at our local Harvest Fest - was great.

You missed one of their greats, however - Foghat did the definitive version of "Maybelline", in much the same way that ELO did the definitive version of "Roll Over Beethoven"

title="comment permalink">September 09, 2007 2:25 PM  
Blogger John Good said...

Stan - I could SO twist that, but I'll spare you. . .THIS time!

Parson - That made you want a BURGER? ? ? I'm disappointed!! ;)

Sew - I'll hafta check that out - Thanks!

title="comment permalink">September 10, 2007 8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();