{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: Service <$BlogMetaData>


Thursday, May 03, 2007

Service

At one time in my life, I thought I had a handle on the meaning of the word "service." "The act of doing things for other people."

Then I heard these terms:

Internal Revenue Service
Postal Service
Telephone Service
Civil Service
City/County Public Service
Customer Service
Service Stations


And I became confused about the word "service." This is not what I thought "service" meant.

Then today, I overheard two farmers talking, and one said he had hired a bull to "service" a few of his cows.

BAM! It all came into perspective.

Now I understand what all those "service" agencies are doing to us.

Labels:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

7 Comments:

Blogger Chuck said...

HA! That is exactly right!

I've been away for a while and wanted to stop over to say hi to my Hoosier buddy!

Hope things are going your way.

title="comment permalink">May 03, 2007 11:50 PM  
Blogger Blueberry said...

So that makes a bull a "cow servant". What a concept!

title="comment permalink">May 04, 2007 7:39 AM  
Blogger Undeniable Liberal said...

Hmmmm, that makes me wonder what SECRET service is all about.

title="comment permalink">May 04, 2007 8:04 AM  
Blogger Peacechick Mary said...

That is the best! Thanks. I won't add that you are doing a great service to us with your blog. Tee!

title="comment permalink">May 04, 2007 8:31 AM  
Blogger Sewmouse said...

Oh thank goodness I put down the pepsi before I read that!

Too true!

title="comment permalink">May 04, 2007 12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess this puts a bead on the true meaning of a 'service-oriented economy'.

title="comment permalink">May 04, 2007 4:25 PM  
Blogger John Good said...

Chuck! We've missed your bad ol' Buckeye self! =)

Blueberry - Moo Moo, buckaroo! ;)

Undeniable - If I tell you then I'll have to kill you. . .

Mary - Why you! I oughta. . .=)

Sew - Don't you know you should always be safe and use a keyboard kondom?

Kvatch - That could go either way, methinks!

Hill! I've missed you! =)

title="comment permalink">May 04, 2007 9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();