{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: Tragedy in Aboite! <$BlogMetaData>


Sunday, February 25, 2007

Tragedy in Aboite!

Early this morning, during the ice storm which swept the area overnight, another innocent soul suffered the loss of his longtime home. Benjamin Bushytail, pictured here in happier times late last summer, described the incident to this reporter:

"I was fast asleep in my home in the hollow tree where I have resided all of my life. Suddenly I hear this cracking noise, and the entire top of my tree was just gone! I didn't know what to do. . .ya see, I spent all summer storing hickory nuts in my warm and dry nest, and there I was, sitting on my nuts, with freezing rain hailing down on me. So I just sat there all night, on my freezing nuts, and waited out the storm."



Mr.Bushytail spent the better part of the morning looking for temporary living quarters as well as nut storage. Longtime resident Billy Blacktail graciously offered temporary digs in his huge oak tree home across the way.





"This could have happened to any one of us", proclaimed Blacktail. "I'm happy to help out my fellow squirrel in need. Fortunately for Ben, the worst of the winter is over, at least if you can believe that crazy groundhog Phil who lives down by the lake."

Labels: ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

6 Comments:

Blogger Stan Matuska said...

"So I just sat there all night, on my freezing nuts"

Did he really say that? Something tells me you embellished Benjamin's story.

title="comment permalink">February 25, 2007 2:32 PM  
Blogger Peacechick Mary said...

Poor little squirrel. That must have been very scary. I've been watching the weather reports up there as I have a son living in that area. Stay warm and send our regards to Benjamin.

title="comment permalink">February 25, 2007 3:46 PM  
Blogger Me said...

"So I just sat there all night, on my freezing nuts."
OMFG, John, I'm dying here.
BwaaaaaHaaaaaaaaHaaaaaaaaa

title="comment permalink">February 25, 2007 3:54 PM  
Blogger Robert Rouse said...

There's something squirrelly about this story.

title="comment permalink">February 25, 2007 4:06 PM  
Blogger Marked Hoosier said...

Looks like a tree that fell around the corner from me. It landed in the street, and luckily didn't damage anything.

The funny thing is I saw a squirrel climbing around the broken top of the tree just a couple hours ago... it is as if you were reading it's mind too.

title="comment permalink">February 25, 2007 6:06 PM  
Blogger Human said...

LOL A charming story.

title="comment permalink">February 25, 2007 7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();