{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: Happy Birthday, Sam! <$BlogMetaData>


Friday, February 23, 2007

Happy Birthday, Sam!

Before the clock runs out on this day, I need to take a minute out and wish my baby girl a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! It was seven years ago today that I was blessed with the arrival of my oldest daughter, Samantha. Although I was "on the fence" regarding having children at that time, I am SO thankful for Sam and her sister!

I remember all of the details so vividly. . .I was the first to hold her. I carried her to a seperate room where they took her footprints and also pricked her foot for blood work; first time I heard her cry! My Mom (Whom I would lose 18 months later) arriving to see her for the first time. My mother-in-law and I looking for places to smoke (I quit 2 years later, for Sam, after 24 years of smoking).

This photo is from our appearance at the father/daughter dance a few weeks ago:




Sam had a great time dancing and running around with her friends that night, and, in addition to a few dances with her, I had the added pleasure of having Rep. Win Moses join us at our table. It was an enjoyable evening for us both.

Happy Birthday, sweetheart!

Labels:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

11 Comments:

Blogger Parson said...

Happy Birthday Sam!

title="comment permalink">February 23, 2007 10:55 PM  
Blogger Robert Rouse said...

Happy B-Day, Samantha!

title="comment permalink">February 23, 2007 11:20 PM  
Blogger Me said...

She is gorgeous!, John.
Happy B-Day, Sam.

title="comment permalink">February 24, 2007 12:25 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

Sooo very pretty. You must be very proud of course.

title="comment permalink">February 24, 2007 4:53 AM  
Blogger Mary Ellen said...

Happy Birthday Sam!

title="comment permalink">February 24, 2007 8:49 AM  
Blogger Peacechick Mary said...

Look at that adorable little girl! Happy Birthday, Sam.

title="comment permalink">February 24, 2007 9:52 AM  
Blogger msliberty said...

Happy Birthday to Sam,
Happy Birthday to Sam,
Happy Birthday dear Sssaaaammmmmmm,
Happy Birthday to you!

title="comment permalink">February 24, 2007 12:24 PM  
Blogger Stan Matuska said...

Happy Birthday Samantha!

John - You went from being a "wild child" to a very gentle, kind, loving Father and Husband.

Wanna change all that? Ha! Ha!

title="comment permalink">February 25, 2007 10:15 AM  
Blogger Human said...

A belated Happy Birthday to Samantha!

Peace.

title="comment permalink">February 25, 2007 11:29 AM  
Blogger John Good said...

Thank you, all! I showed Sam this post and all of your comments, and she loved reading it all. . .

title="comment permalink">February 25, 2007 9:58 PM  
Blogger Dan Klug said...

Happy birthday Sam!
I left a post on ublog for her john.

title="comment permalink">February 25, 2007 10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();