{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: Troop Escalation Has Already Started <$BlogMetaData>


Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Troop Escalation Has Already Started

Lookie here.... shiny objects.... Ooooh, President will talk to us!!!


Don't look over HERE.

Troop Surge Already Under Way

BAGHDAD, Iraq, Jan. 10, 2007— President Bush's speech may be scheduled for tonight, but the troop surge in Iraq is already under way.

ABC News has learned that the "surge" Bush is expected to announce in a prime time speech tonight has already begun. Ninety advance troops from the 82nd Airborne Division arrived in Baghdad today.

An additional battalion of roughly 100 troops from the same division are expected to arrive in Baghdad Thursday.

It is the first small wave of troops in a new White House strategy that is expected to put more than 20,000 additional U.S. troops on the ground in Iraq and likely require new call-ups of the National Guard.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

7 Comments:

Blogger Stan Matuska said...

I'm not sure where the link is supposed to go, but this story doesn't surprise me.

I'm not quite sure how Bushie can send more troops without congressional approval. Let's see how all this plays out.

title="comment permalink">January 10, 2007 8:08 PM  
Blogger Anon-Paranoid said...

I said he would send more troops no matter what the Congress or American people had too say.

I truly believe its time to Impeach him and Dark Lord Dick {Hermann Goering} Cheney.

Either that or appeal to the World to remove him and his Gestapo Minions from power.

God Bless.

title="comment permalink">January 10, 2007 8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stan, I fixed the link. I hate bloggers' link thing, and usually use the Dkos one.

Keith Olbermann had a kiiler segment on the war tonite, I hope Crooks and Liars has it up to share!

title="comment permalink">January 10, 2007 9:06 PM  
Blogger Stan Matuska said...

Paddy - Thanks! I was able to read the article. I thought it odd:
"A senior White House official said that Maliki told the president, "I swear to God, I'm not going to let Sadr run this country.""
Does Maliki believe in God or Allah?

title="comment permalink">January 10, 2007 11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He could have saved us all a lot of time by coming on and saying:
1. You can’t stop me from sending troops, I already sent ‘em! Hah!
2. We’re going to be fishing reeeeeally hard for a Gulf of Tonkin with Iran.

I’m sure the networks would have appreciated his not pre-empting their shows, and would have been glad to promote a speech that lasted as long as a commercial break just as heavily. And I wouldn't be so hungover right now.

title="comment permalink">January 11, 2007 10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

living near a major airforce base -- i can always tell when things esculate -- and the past week has been super busy in the skys here...sigh

title="comment permalink">January 11, 2007 2:39 PM  
Blogger John Good said...

Anon - That may still be in the cards.

Paddy - Which one? It might be on YouTube. . .

Stan - technically one and the same, but I get your point.

Undeniable - SEE what happens when you play that game!!! ;) Hope you're feeling better by now. . .and I'll stop yelling. . .

AZ - They've (National Guard) been scrambling quite abit overhead here, too.

title="comment permalink">January 13, 2007 7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();