{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: SOTU Recap <$BlogMetaData>


Wednesday, January 24, 2007

SOTU Recap

I, along with several other notable liberal bloggers, had a very good time last night watching the SOTU speech courtesy of our gracious host, Fernando! By "very good time" I mean I don't remember much after 9:45 and had to watch Jim Webb's response in replay today. It could have been much worse, I guess. . .I didn't wake up in bed this morning with my shoes still on like someone did! ;) Don't mess with Texas, my ass! lol

Although HaloScan was a major pain in the ass, Fernando logged over 400 comments in a roughly five-hour span! That was the only major glitch; the site set-up, the videos, the live-tequila-shots-cam, and rules for the game were well done indeed! Thanks to Nando and Hill for doing such an amazing job, and thanks to The Poetry Man for babysitting our sloshed asses (Never did get MY keys!).

A very happy, albeit belated, birthday to you, AZ! I only missed you by minutes (I think). Dusty, good to have almost run into you as well!

So. . .as you may have determined, I really have no recap of last night's laughable attempt to play to the middle whilst still staying the course on the ONE issue that America is so united AGAINST. Wait, maybe I just did. . .But here are some more elaborate writings on that subject:

- Robert Live Blogs the SOTU Speech

- Hill Tells Us How She REALLY Feels

- Pam on What We WISH He'd Said

- Sumo Likes the World Wide WEBB

- Dusty Dishes on Dumbya's Doings

I must add that this was the very first Bush SOTU speech that I actually enjoyed. But, then again, my recollections on the matter are not entirely clear. . .

Labels:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard that you stated taking off your clothes around 9:46 and you and HCG and Fernando, all naked and oiled up, started singing anti-Bush tunes until the neighbors called and reported the noise. I arrived just as you fell face down in the shrubbery...thank god by then you'd already put your clothes back on. I held on to your keys for fifteen hours (it's in the handbook) and I will leave them with you now.

Peace.

title="comment permalink">January 24, 2007 9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"started"

title="comment permalink">January 24, 2007 9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm jealous!!! I couldn't get his site to work for me at all.

You didn't miss much John,
I bailed after the "Democrat Party".
F'r just pisses me off with that stuff.

title="comment permalink">January 24, 2007 9:06 PM  
Blogger John Good said...

TPR - AS long as I had a good time! ;)

Paddy - AOL and Firefox BOTH crapped on me. I had lots of issues. . .

title="comment permalink">January 24, 2007 9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks John. I'm glad you saw part of it. I logged many more comments on the after party. You know you get all those girls in a room and they get chatty. Most of the guys including me just couldn't keep up.

Did you get my keys? .... I've got someone elses,

title="comment permalink">January 24, 2007 10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We missed you Paddy. I really hoped you would be there.

title="comment permalink">January 24, 2007 10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still couldn't bear to watch. I like to pretend he is not President. I will continue to delude myself until 1 20 09

title="comment permalink">January 24, 2007 10:59 PM  
Blogger Human said...

LOL. Blogger was down too. MSNBC promised a live stream, but wouldn't work. I did watch Sen. Webb on youtube today and I wonder how Bush's enablers will be able to pull the boot so deeply embedded in his ass by the Senator.

Peace.

title="comment permalink">January 24, 2007 11:25 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

OH SOOOO SORRY I MISSED THE PARTY! I could have used a few drinks after this last week...and a room full of Republicans all in one place stinking it up. Webb was a peach though...enjoyed him immensely.

title="comment permalink">January 25, 2007 4:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was one hell of a party, wasn't it? The absolute ONLY way to EVER again watch Dubya speak. Attempt to speak.

title="comment permalink">January 25, 2007 11:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Chuck Hagel is just rubbing salt in their wounds..its so delicious ain't it?

Sorry I missed you..blogger was being a bitch m'dear John.

title="comment permalink">January 26, 2007 2:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man!! I should have hung around longer! I didn't know you guys were naked singing and trading keys ;-)!

title="comment permalink">January 26, 2007 4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();