{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: A milestone <$BlogMetaData>


Friday, September 08, 2006

A milestone



Sometime soon, likely within the next twelve hours, Left in Aboite will surpass the 10,000 hits mark. While there are far busier blogs as well as smaller sites, I am personally proud to hit this number and I sincerely thank everyone who has contributed to it. Even those of you who raise my blood pressure and cause me chest pain. ;)

It's never been much about the numbers here. If that were the case, there are many examples which I could follow that would pile up 10,000 hits in a month or two if I so desired. I prefer to play things "off the cuff" here. . .I don't take myself all that seriously. Therefore, you may read an op/ed piece about the political hot button of the day followed by a dirty joke or a funny picture. Clicking on LIA is like opening a box of Cracker Jack; you'll never find a Coupe de Ville, but it's always a surprise. . .

Left in Aboite began in January of this year as a strictly political blog. As I grew in my blogness, I began to incorporate my humor (sometimes juvenile, I readily admit) into my posts. I am very serious about my politics, but I also have a need to find the funny things in life. . .If I can't chuckle along the way, then the journey isn't worth taking. I think most people agree with that statement.

I also enjoy meeting like-minded individuals. The blogosphere has really opened up that world to me. I live in one of the most conservative townships in one of the most Republican states. I am friendly with all of my neighbors; they know my politics (yard signs tell the story). But it's nice to have new friends whom you know share your beliefs and positions. Blogging has led me to new friends that I never would have met otherwise, due to obvious geographic differences and chance.

It has also allowed me to become involved in local politics. I'm not the sort of guy who ever wants to run for office, but it's satisfying to help out local candidates who share my views. So many people complain about politicians but don't get involved, or don't even bother to vote. In my opinion,these people have no right to complain. I'll be campaigning for a local candidate tomorrow, how 'bout you? Get involved or shut up. You know who you are. . .

My thanks go out to:

- The Fort Wayne Reader - For posting an article about my old friend, Robert Rouse's blog. It led me to his site, and eventually to starting my own blog.

- Robert - For setting a fine example, and for support and graphic design.

- All of my blogging friends - TOO numerous to mention, you're all in my blogroll.

I thank you all and, to borrow a line from Murrow, Good Night and Good Luck!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

16 Comments:

Blogger LP Mike Sylvester said...

I think you should run for office.

The local Dems need more good candidates.

I think you would do well.

Mike Sylvester

title="comment permalink">September 09, 2006 12:05 AM  
Blogger Human said...

Good 4 u friend!

title="comment permalink">September 09, 2006 1:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's about as many visits as Fwob gets in 10 days.

title="comment permalink">September 09, 2006 6:20 AM  
Blogger John Good said...

Mike - Not interested, but thank you.

Human - Congrats! YOU were #10,000!

Anon - Wouldn't surprise me, Mitch does a great job with Observed.

title="comment permalink">September 09, 2006 8:20 AM  
Blogger Donnie McDaniel said...

Outstanding John, congrats!!

title="comment permalink">September 09, 2006 9:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats.
Even tho you are a left wing nutjob I am very proud to call you friend and would stand next to you anytime anywhere.
(well a democratic rally is up in the air but you know what I mean)

title="comment permalink">September 09, 2006 11:30 AM  
Blogger PTCruiser said...

Damn! Missed it by 23. Keep up the great work you do here, John.

title="comment permalink">September 09, 2006 6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe I just don't get FWOB. I mean if boring, 2nd rate news stories are your thing - well so be it. Personally, I get enough of that through the two local newspapers...

title="comment permalink">September 09, 2006 8:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats sweetie! You are a rock of gibralter and I am glad you found blogging, and I am glad I found your blog :)

title="comment permalink">September 10, 2006 12:51 AM  
Blogger John Good said...

Donnie - Thanks, man!

T2H - I feel the same way, and ya owe me a couple of beers, so. .=)

PT - Thanks for your flattery!

Jeff - I actually do see stuff there that I haven't seen elsewhere. Mitch usually plays the middle field on FWOb, I appreciate that.

Human - Glad it was you!

Dusty - STOP it! You'll give me a big head! =)

title="comment permalink">September 10, 2006 1:22 AM  
Blogger Robert Rouse said...

Way to go, John! Keep it up.

title="comment permalink">September 10, 2006 11:17 AM  
Blogger John Good said...

Thanks, Robert!

title="comment permalink">September 10, 2006 11:30 AM  
Blogger Stan Matuska said...

Pat, pat pat. Great Job! Keeping up with a career, wife, children, a home AND a blog is hard work.

"blogness"??? Is that a valid word??? LOL!

title="comment permalink">September 10, 2006 12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live in one of the most conservative townships in one of the most Republican states.

Me too John. Well, state anyway. My little community is left-leaning, but the wingnuts have been swarming in so I doubt it will last much longer.

Great blog! I'm officially blogrolling ya. Prepare to be stalked ;-).

title="comment permalink">September 10, 2006 2:50 PM  
Blogger John Good said...

Stan - It's a wod if I say so! phht. .

Pam - Thanks for dropping by!

Don't despair just yet. The only thing that Bush has done right is to push the swing votes to the left. Even here in Red Central.

Yes, a stalker! I really have made it after all. . . ;)

title="comment permalink">September 10, 2006 6:01 PM  
Blogger Betty Boob said...

Congratulations on hitting this mile stone. :0)

title="comment permalink">September 13, 2006 6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();