{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: I'm a Lost Statler Brother <$BlogMetaData>


Sunday, September 14, 2008

I'm a Lost Statler Brother

My wife and I attended an Oak Ridge Boys concert this evening, which led to a discussion about the similarities between that band and the Statler Brothers. I was looking up some videos on YouTube when we got home, and my jaw dropped when I watched this one for "Don't Wait on Me" - Don Reid, the lead singer, is a doppleganger for me as I appeared in the early '90's. My daughter Samantha, watching the video, said "Dad! How did you get in that video?"

I DO have lots of video from those days, and she's seen a number of them. We called my wife into the room to have a look, and she was not only amazed at the resemblance, but thankful that I have moved on. . .lol. I don't have any digitalized video to offer up, so I've posted this old photo instead. It doesn't do the comparison justice, but my old friends will be rolling as they watch the Statler video:

Labels: ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

4 Comments:

Blogger Parson said...

haha, it is you!

title="comment permalink">September 14, 2008 4:43 PM  
Blogger Kev1 said...

John,

The Stattler Brothers were Jody's grandmother's favorite group. So Jody saw/heard them many times groing up...I always wondered what she saw in you...(just kidding)

title="comment permalink">September 14, 2008 5:11 PM  
Blogger John Good said...

Parson - Scary, huh?!

Kevin - The Statlers were MY grandma's fave as well. Must be a grandma thing!

title="comment permalink">September 14, 2008 7:40 PM  
Blogger Stan Matuska said...

OMG! The resemblence is uncanny!!!

title="comment permalink">September 15, 2008 4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();