{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: Picnic with Obama at Headwaters Park <$BlogMetaData>


Sunday, May 04, 2008

Picnic with Obama at Headwaters Park

An estimated crowd of over 4,500 enthusiastic supporters turned out today to hear Barack and Michelle Obama speak at Headwaters Park in downtown Fort Wayne. Indiana's NewsCenter has video available.

The line to enter the event started in the parking lot to the south of the Lincoln Pavillion. It then followed the sidewalk on the west side all the way to the bridge before turning around and following the same sidewalk back to the west pavillion entrance. This photo shows the two way line if you look carefully. Security personnel were thorough, efficient and personable at the entrance.


It took me three attempts to get a half decent picture of Michelle as the crowd swarmed around her at the front. I'm still not sure how we were able to work our way up to that point, but once there, you weren't going anywhere. It was like a rock concert with fans pressed against one another like sardines, all vying for a handshake or that perfect photo.


I got several decent up close shots, and Jody was fortunate enough to get to shake the hand of our next president.



This is a shot of the crowd inside of the pavillion. All of the tables were filled as were several long rows of extra chairs near the west entrance. Note the masses of people standing along the north (back) side in this picture.



I don't often take pictures of t-shirts, but this one says it all - "I'm not voting for a pastor. I'm voting for a president".




Labels: , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

6 Comments:

Blogger John Q. Public esq. said...

love it...

title="comment permalink">May 05, 2008 11:18 AM  
Blogger Blueberry said...

The place was packed, I hope. How have other crowds been? 4,500 doesn't sound like many. Are you having any really big rallies, like in the 20,000 range? Maybe in other towns?

title="comment permalink">May 05, 2008 11:51 AM  
Blogger Parson said...

I figured it would be pretty crowded, with Sunday being so nice out. I bet parking was a mess. I heard about Obama being here on Saturday at his campaign HQ. When I got up Sunday I didn't feel like dealing with parking and then standing in lines. I voted Saturday so he already has my vote.

title="comment permalink">May 05, 2008 1:58 PM  
Blogger John Good said...

JQP - Shoulda been there!

Blueberry - For that size venue, it WAS packed. Clinton pulled in 1k audience there a few weeks ago. He had a large rally at a local high school last month. They've both been everywhere for the last couple of weeks!

Parson - You would have been fine.

title="comment permalink">May 05, 2008 7:42 PM  
Blogger Sheri said...

My favorite bumper sticker was one that said, "I don't agree with everything my pastor says either"

even funnier considering I work at my church and my vehicle is in the parking lot everyday. I decided against buying it. I like my job. LOL

title="comment permalink">May 05, 2008 9:26 PM  
Blogger enigma4ever said...

I love the Bumper sticker and the photos of the event....wonderful....so glad that you went and you shook his hand...and aren't they both so wonderful...

title="comment permalink">May 06, 2008 12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();