{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: Henry-Stewart Open House Recap <$BlogMetaData>


Monday, October 15, 2007

Henry-Stewart Open House Recap

On Sunday we held an open house for Democratic mayoral candidate Tom Henry and 4th district city council candidate Chris Stewart. A nice mix of neighbors and local bloggers were in attendance for the event, which ran from 2-4:30 PM. Tom and Chris gave a very nice presentation to the group and answered questions ranging from the Harrison Square project downtown to issues with the local water utility, Aqua Indiana, here in Aboite. All questions were thoroughly answered, and participants in our "mini town hall meeting" left satisfied and more fully informed than when they arrived.

The information on TIF Districts and how they apply to Harrison Square were most enlightening to myself and several others. One often hears how the mainstream media doesn't really provide enough information to the public due to schedules and time constraints - I can now vouch for that personally! I learned more about this project in a 30 minute Q&A session with knowledgeable persons than I have from months of local media coverage.

I was so wrapped up in the discussion that I even failed to take any pictures. Fortunately enough, Stan the Man Ham had his trusty digital camera ready and waiting:

Left to Right: Chris Stewart, Stan Matuska, Tom Henry



Tom Henry fields questions from participants



I'd like to thank Tom Henry and Chris Stewart for sharing an afternoon with us during their busy campaign schedule! In addition, I must acknowledge the local bloggers who were in attendance as well, in no particular order:

Rachel, Parson, Robert, Sheri, Roger, and Stan.

Labels:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

8 Comments:

Blogger Dan Klug said...

If I did live in the city limits I certainly wouldnt vote for someone younger than me.The KELTY camp is just getting a little weird. Cant wait for the stadium.

title="comment permalink">October 15, 2007 11:04 PM  
Blogger Parson said...

It was a great event. Very informative. It strengthend my resolve to get out and vote for Henry on Nov. 6.

(I am glad you kept the cake out of the pictures.)

title="comment permalink">October 16, 2007 4:30 AM  
Blogger Stan Matuska said...

I really can't top Parson's comments, but I will add that I too learned a lot in a short period of time. So glad I went - and so glad they came!

title="comment permalink">October 16, 2007 7:43 AM  
Blogger Sheri said...

Nice to finally meet the both of you. Dan, I nearly fell over . . . we finally agree on something! *wink*

Thanks John and Jody for the hospitality.

title="comment permalink">October 16, 2007 11:35 AM  
Blogger Stan Matuska said...

Oops! Yes, thank you John and Jody for hosting the event. You two are such great hosts, in addition to great cooks!!!

title="comment permalink">October 16, 2007 8:46 PM  
Blogger Stan Matuska said...

Sheri - It was great meeting you and two of your wonderful children! I hardly got a chance to talk to anyone for very long because I got there shortly before the speeches started.

title="comment permalink">October 16, 2007 8:50 PM  
Blogger John Good said...

Dan - Jody's employer has already purchased one of the skyboxes. I'm looking forward to visiting it!

Parson - Kari would have killed me if I took any pics; she's "on game"!

Stan - I am SO glad that you had the chance to have your concerns resolved!!

Sheri - It was GREAT to see BOTH of you here at the same time. Sometimes I feel like you and Robert are Kent/Superman! ;)

title="comment permalink">October 16, 2007 9:34 PM  
Blogger Stan Matuska said...

"Sometimes I feel like you and Robert are Kent/Superman

John - you crack me up!!!

title="comment permalink">October 16, 2007 11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();