{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: Happy Anniversary! <$BlogMetaData>


Sunday, June 03, 2007

Happy Anniversary!

Today is our twelfth wedding anniversary! The photo collage to the left was lovingly assembled for me by my bride, Jody, and has remained on my desk throughout these years.

Jody is just as beautiful today as she was on that hot summer day back in 1995. I give thanks every day for having her in my life, giving me the gift of fatherhood, and bringing back meaning to my very life itself.

Without going into alot of boring details, let me just say that I had resigned myself to a life of loneliness and introspection. I had shut myself off from the world around me, and was prepared to fade into oblivion, probably at an early age.

Instead I found someone who believed in me enough to expend the time and effort to save me from myself and give me the support and unconditional love that I needed to carry on. I can be a difficult person to be around sometimes; with conflicting traits. Jody often says that I am the most caring and giving person that she has ever known, yet also the most selfish. How do you deal with those variables? I don't know, but somehow she does. . .and I thank my lucky stars for that every single day.

Happy Anniversary, Honey! I LOVE YOU!

Labels:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

14 Comments:

Blogger PTCruiser said...

Hey, you look good in a tux, John! Congrats to you and your better half.

title="comment permalink">June 03, 2007 1:28 AM  
Blogger Robert Rouse said...

And to think they said it wouldn't last . . . no wait, that's what they said about my first two marriages. Congratulations to both of you!

title="comment permalink">June 03, 2007 3:06 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

Sweet pictures...congratulations...you sound very happy.

title="comment permalink">June 03, 2007 5:45 AM  
Blogger Stan Matuska said...

John, congrats!!! I do remember the days of BJ (Before Jody). I am so happy for the two of you!!!
Stan

Wanda adds:
John, you continue to surprise me! What a loving tribute to Jody and your marriage. Happy Anniversary!

title="comment permalink">June 03, 2007 9:48 AM  
Blogger Peacechick Mary said...

Beautiful bride and a beautiful tribute. congratulations to both of you and thank you for the sharing your story with us.

title="comment permalink">June 03, 2007 10:40 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you guys! Great collage John. Glad for ya buddy! :)

title="comment permalink">June 03, 2007 11:09 AM  
Blogger Pursey Tuttweiler said...

Happy Anniversary John and Jody! I love the pictures, thanks so much for posting those.

title="comment permalink">June 03, 2007 11:26 AM  
Blogger supergirlest said...

i love seeing pictures!!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! and many, many, many more!

title="comment permalink">June 03, 2007 3:26 PM  
Blogger Parson said...

I can't believe you wore white! (JK)!! lol

Happy Anniversary!!!!

title="comment permalink">June 03, 2007 4:04 PM  
Blogger Lew Scannon said...

Congratulations! My marriage fizzled out at the twelve year mark, but may yours go on forever!

title="comment permalink">June 03, 2007 8:48 PM  
Blogger Robert Rouse said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

title="comment permalink">June 03, 2007 9:20 PM  
Blogger Sheri said...

Nice Robert, you best be taking notice about how sweet John was instead of cracking a joke. Our 10th is coming up this summer, and I expect a post half as good as John's. LOL

Congrats John and Jody!

title="comment permalink">June 03, 2007 9:24 PM  
Blogger John Good said...

PT - Thanks ,man!

Robert - We share the same record, and the same result - Third Time Lucky!

Sumo - Thank you!

Stan - I still have those days, but I get through them!

Wanda - Thank you! We Cancers gotta stick together! =)

Mary - I like my world - thank you!

Chuck - Back at ya! You gotta be hittin' some numbers too, I imagine!

Pursey - Thank you! I try to share the best things in my life!

SuperG - I love to share!

Parson - Funny! But this one was my "go for broke" deal - all or nothing!

Lew - So sorry to hear that. Thank you for your wishes for us!

Sheri - Thank you! Sometimes we men hafta strike out a few times before we hit a home run. I'm in good company with Robert! =)

title="comment permalink">June 03, 2007 10:04 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Oh, my, what a handsome groom you were, Good Man, and your bride, well, you said it so well yourself, didn't you? She is GORGEOUS!!!

Happy 12th! May you grow old & cranky and still loving each other. Together.

:-)

title="comment permalink">June 26, 2007 8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();