{ require_once('class.compressor.php'); //Include the class. The full path may be required } $compressor = new compressor('css,javascript,page'); Left In Aboite: Saturday Seventies <$BlogMetaData>


Saturday, April 21, 2007

Saturday Seventies

Okay. . .I confess. This is yet another Friday Nite Retro Part Deux. I got to looking for some of my favorite songs from my teen years, the late 1970's, and ran across these entries. While most of them have alternative videos, the tunes are still the same, and I was pleased to find most of them regardless. I hope they bring you some nice memories as well:

Undercover Angel


Heaven on the Seventh Floor


Hot Child in the City


Dancin' Shoes


Magnet and Steel

Labels:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

7 Comments:

Blogger Robert Rouse said...

Carl Storie is one of my good friends. I always preferred Faith's version over Nigel's.

title="comment permalink">April 21, 2007 1:50 PM  
Blogger Robert Rouse said...

I suppose I should mention that two other members of the Faith Band, John Cascella and Toby McGuire would go on to play with John Mellencamp - you can hear his great accordian work on Mellencamp's version of "Rave On". Casella, who also worked at TRC recording studio in Indianpolis was a tremendous help on the early Bob and Tom albums. Unfortunately, in November of 1992, while on the way home from watching boxing, John had a heart attack and died. Another side note, one of my bands played at Toby McGuire's bachelor party at Dawson Lake in Indy. Dawson Lake is owned by Jinx Dawson who was the woman who sang lead for the band Coven on "One Tin Soldier" from the film "Billy Jack". Okay, enough side trivia for the Faith Band.

title="comment permalink">April 21, 2007 1:57 PM  
Blogger Robert Rouse said...

Now that I've sat here and thought about it for a bit, I realized that old memory of mine is indeed faulty. Not only is the name Toby Myers - not McGuire (was I thinking about Spider-Man???), but Toby didn't play with Faith, his early band was Roadmaster - fronted by Adam Smasher (nee Asher Benrubi) who recently ended a longtime stint as a DeeJay in St. Louis. Sorry for the previous mistakes.

title="comment permalink">April 21, 2007 9:36 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Hot Child!

title="comment permalink">April 22, 2007 7:02 AM  
Blogger John Good said...

Robert - Do you know who resides on Dawson Lake?

Hill - Nick Gilder from 1978!

title="comment permalink">April 22, 2007 10:32 AM  
Blogger Robert Rouse said...

Who?

title="comment permalink">April 22, 2007 1:49 PM  
Blogger John Good said...

I believe Win does.

title="comment permalink">April 22, 2007 2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

$compressor->finish();